Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
stay obd0, screw the obd1 bullshit justa buncha crap, too much hassle and even if you have forced induction tuning is still just as easy.

G

·
0 Posts
if u get the obd0-obd 1 covnersion harness u only have to wire up 8 wires its not that hard

like 2 or 3 go to vtec, 4 go to the o2, and then to the dizzy
dont quote me on all that i have to read my conversion harness instructions but its not that many wires
i got a 90 dx hatch with a
d16z6
obd1 jumper harness
p28 ecu

id rather run the car right with the right ecu imo but do watever u want

going obd1 ur going to need
a jumper harness
a 4wire o2
the dizzy that came with the d16z6
and the right ecu

M

·
0 Posts
hows that running the car right when i could tune mine with the same settings if not different and get better performance?

G

·
0 Posts
what the obd 0-1 jumper harness does is this

one end plugs into the wiring side..the other end plugs into the new obd1 ecu..then there is 8 extra wires to hook up thats it.

and if u have DPFI convert to MPFI first then do the obd0-1 jumper harness wiring

G

·
0 Posts
mycrx said:
hows that running the car right when i could tune mine with the same settings if not different and get better performance?

ok if u read my post i say imo id rather run it like that, please i dont want to have to go back and forth about our opinons cause neither side will change there opinons, that statement was my opinon, if u can run it right /tune it with the same settings or better than fine, imo id rather just run it the way i have it with the p28/4wire o2/obd1 dizzy, ur saying like the obd 1 conversion is so a waste of time/to much to deal with, when all u need to do is wire up 8 extra wires, and half of the wiring of the 8 extra wires is to the o2 sensor(4wires)

i watned to go obd1 cause of the tuning capibilites, sure u can do it with obd0 but hey thats the way i wanted to go i dont bash anyone that goes with a differnt set up not that ur bashing.
and i belive u had to modify your obd0 dizzy to match up? i really just wanted to run the motor with what it came out with instead of just using all my obd0 stuff thats just the way i am/i really didnt want to wire up a switch or buy one of thsoe zdyne 1wire things to activate the vtec/or vtec controller even though i have one lol to me i wanted to use the right ecu that came with the motor maybe just to make me feel better haha, but right on with ur swap im glad that more ppl are intrested in z6s in the ef body chassi

M

·
0 Posts
when did i ever say i was bashing you, i can use a obd1 dizzy just as i can us a obd0. 8 wires isnt alot but the extra 300 or so for the obd1 shit is ! :)

M

·
0 Posts
no, if you have a a6 or whatever in there, then you'll need the distributor,wiring harness conversion from obd0 to obd1, and the ecu. unless how ever your car is obd1 the just the ecu. if u have a DPFI you'll have to convert all the wringing to MPFI. thats just y i say its a pain in the ass, vtec works off of like 4 or so things and if neither one is there it wont work. kinda gay. stay obd0 and have someone chip you ecu, adj then fuel and ign map after the vtec crossover or just upload a p28 map for your pm6 no biggi. p.s. you can get a Ps9 ecu from a 90-91 civic 4dr auto use the tranny output on the ecu for a 1 wire vtec. go to www.pgmfi.org and search for info its kinda kool. laters

M

·
0 Posts
you'd have to get a harness from obd1 to obd2, no good, obd2 is gay in my opinion too much sensors and shit. ond0 or obd1 is the best for tuning ability.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts