Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 97 civic cx with a d16y7 in it and i got a 26 intake mani for free and iw as wondering if its worth it to put it on or should i just get a y8

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Z6 my bad

·
Registered
826 Posts
you mind as well install the z6 since you have it for free....the y8 is better but not worth the money if you allready have the z6 manifold

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will the z6 make a difference form my y7

·
Registered
826 Posts
a huge difference! the y7 manifold is designed to shoke the air flow at high rpm's

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so would i need to do nethign else or could i just bolt it up and hook the lines up could i use the z6 iacv and the y7 tb

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the only problem i no of is that i have to drill a hole on the y7 fuel rail to get it to bolt up or could i just use a z6 fuel rail

·
Registered
826 Posts
just use the z6 fuel rail or pick one up if you dont have one...just put your y7 injectors all up in there oh yeah

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
you mind as well install the z6 since you have it for free....the y8 is better but not worth the money if you allready have the z6 manifold
I've never seen any proof that the Y8 is better than the Z6. No one can prove any consistant gains from one to the other.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
but they both are better than a y7 4 shure

·
Registered
826 Posts
I've never seen any proof that the Y8 is better than the Z6. No one can prove any consistant gains from one to the other.
im just goin off of what the majority of people say about the 2 manifolds...and all i can say is that i ditched the y7 manifold for the y8 and its ALLOT better

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ya was it hard to install tho cuz im kinda scared that ill mess somethin up cuz when i read stuff abotu it its sounds complicated but ppl say its not

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ya i just payed 250 for an injen one about 2 months ago

·
Registered
826 Posts
i actually thought the swap was kinda tough but thats because my dad was lookin over my shoulder the whole time criticizing everything

Reactions: _CXhatch_

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
oo my dads a bia like tht to the thing i dont understand is all the nipples on the z6 intake mani are in different spots than the y7 and how do u no wich hoses go where

1 - 20 of 21 Posts