Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For now I'm using The Y7 injectors, fuel rail and FPR on a Y8 IM, running the Y7 ECU. When I do my Z6 head swap, will I be able to swap the Z6 Injectors, fuel rail and FPR for the Y7 running the Y8 ECU. Yes I chose the P2P over the P28. I know Z6 and Y8 injectors flow 240 cc, Im not sure if they are interchangeable because they are a different OBD. I'm not sure if the injector plugs are the same and if I will run into any other complications.
Thanks In Advance,
Barry

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
the plugs are different you would have to splice obd2 connectors in or buy a conversion harness for the injectors.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
lol thats alright. one thing to note tho using the z6 head with p2p ecu may cause it to run a little rich, the compression will lower a tad bit. i cant remember if a y8 distributer will bolt to the z6 head, if it does not, u can take the internals out of the z6 distributor and put the y8 internals in.

how did you get ur y7 fuel rail to fit the y8 manifold? i had to drill a third hole in the fuel rail for the stud to come through.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hav'nt physically done the y8 IM swap yet, but very soon. I thought the Y7/Y8 fuel rails bolted up the same with 2 fastening points. Anyways, drilling another hole is something I think I can handle without screwing up lol. as for the head, I plan on putting the Y7 internals in the Z6 casing for fitment to the head. Your the first person I have heard speak of issues running the P2P ECU with a Z6 Head. Im tempted to just find a Y8 head. It would make things so much easier.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
the only thing i would say is the maps are quite different between a z6 and y8. i ran a p28 stock map on a y8 and it would sputter in the 2-4k range. i suppose since no 2 engines are alike you could run the p2p and see how it works out. but from my past experiences with fuel/timing maps the z6 is quite different.

what you say about the y7 internals will work.

well heres a thought too right bout the fuel rail, if the y7 uses 2 bolt design, and the y8 uses 3, you could try remove the middle stud and see if it will work. cause why would the y7 be able to use the 2 bolt and the y8 couldn't? the reason i think the y7 uses 2 bolt is because of manifold design. the place where the 3rd stud would be is an open hole on the y7 manifold. but hey, honda has a reason for everything, right? lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts