Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone. recently ive put a z6 in my 98 civic ex and cant figure out why it wont run. its got the old y8 intake mani but ive put everything else z6 in. i just bought a p28 ecu from a local guy and obd1 to obd2 wire harness and cant get it to fire. i have fuel to the rail but not sure about spark. any help would be awsome. also anyone in the hamilton montana area thats a guru in this i would make it worth your time if you helped out.

thanks
h20pro

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
y8 diz is needed

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the ecu came from a reputable auto shop here. he had it cuz he was doing the same swap i did but wrecked his 98 before he could do the swap. anyways to figure it out if its good. also the y8 dizzy doesnt even bolt up to the z6.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
try your obd-2 ecu and see if it will start the car....all so check your timing make sure you have every thing plug in and make sure the fuses are good too

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the obd2 ecu wont work at all two different wiring set ups. tell you the truth i havnt checked the fuses. are you talkin bout main fuses or ? and i dont know much about the timing stuff. any info on it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
come on no one has had this problem before. ive read post of people that can tell you exactly what size bolt is on the car and no one can help. please anyone. ive spent too much time and money in this car and jus wanna get it runnin to get rid of it. please help.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
OBD1 dizzy have two plug while your OBD2 only have one plug. How did you plug it into your harness? I have a z6 swap into my 96 civic and have no problems.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well as the time being we had to depin the old y8 dizzy and repin it into the z6 dizzy im wondering if we repinned it wrong. and where are can i find fuses 9 and 31. does anyone know of a diagram that shows which wires go where on the dizzy harness?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just swap the y8 dizzy internals over into the z6 dizzy.
we got the z6 dizzy from a parts store as no one in 500 miles of us had one in a junk yard so we couldnt change guts cuz it would void the core and woulda cost us 280 vs only 80.

·
Registered
685 Posts
ok, first you need to check if your plugs are getting fuel.. then you need to check for spark.

you can't do anything else till you can find out about this first.

also i'm guessing your you're using your Y8 harness on the z6 motor correct?

i'm kinda confused... your using a Z6 dizzy correct? and you depined the Y8 connector and pinned it onto the Z6 dizzy connector correct?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok, first you need to check if your plugs are getting fuel.. then you need to check for spark.

you can't do anything else till you can find out about this first.

also i'm guessing your you're using your Y8 harness on the z6 motor correct?

i'm kinda confused... your using a Z6 dizzy correct? and you depined the Y8 connector and pinned it onto the Z6 dizzy connector correct?
i know im gettin fuel to the rail. i havnt checked if im gettin it to the plugs. im usually here by myself so i havnt been able to check for spark but when we had the old y8 ecu it was gettin spark

yes everything is still obd2a as far as the main harness if thats what ur askin. except the motor dizzy and ecu.

yes a z6 dizzy. the dizzy connector is still the y8 one just took the wires out of the z6 connector and put them in the y8 harness. minus the two bigger wires. we jus connected them together cuz they didnt repin into the harness.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts