Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my headgasket gave way on number 1 cylinder. I have an a6 with p29 pistons.The head was stock the whole time but now im going to change the cam. I know the z6 hg is metal and hopefully stronger. So has anyone used this hg with this set up. I know its thinner so my compression will be up even more. Is there a better option?

·
Registered
643 Posts
The Z6/Y8 HG is the already the better option
what you wanna do NOW is check the block surface for warpage as well as the HEAD. It's a must!!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
i run a Y8 gasket in my A6 setup. it is nice because there isnt so much shit to scrape off when you pull the head;)

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
d16a6 power said:
Well my headgasket gave way on number 1 cylinder. I have an a6 with p29 pistons.The head was stock the whole time but now im going to change the cam. I know the z6 hg is metal and hopefully stronger. So has anyone used this hg with this set up. I know its thinner so my compression will be up even more. Is there a better option?
hehe, you're my favorite member here. We have the same setup, except for the cam. I am putting a d16y8 gasket on this week, and if I did the calculator right, it's 11.6:1 :( not very pump friendly!

K

·
0 Posts
civic90ex said:
hehe, you're my favorite member here. We have the same setup, except for the cam. I am putting a d16y8 gasket on this week, and if I did the calculator right, it's 11.6:1 :( not very pump friendly!
is your timing all the way advanced? and what kind of plugs are u running?

we have an integra hondata tuned with 13.0comp on 91octane gas running dam good. of course there is more power to be found cus the timing is very conservative.

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
kyosoeg6 said:
is your timing all the way advanced? and what kind of plugs are u running?

we have an integra hondata tuned with 13.0comp on 91octane gas running dam good. of course there is more power to be found cus the timing is very conservative.
not running yet!, was running on stock timing with a sohc zc cam, haven't got it all put back together with the sr909 cam yet.

I was running stock NGK plugs.

·
Registered
643 Posts
civic90ex said:
not running yet!, was running on stock timing with a sohc zc cam, haven't got it all put back together with the sr909 cam yet.

I was running stock NGK plugs.
WIth this set-up you WILL LIKEY the SR909
ANother upgrade for all you lo-buck builders are the D15 DX pistons into the D16A6
they get you around 9.9 C/R.
You might wanna invest in some good Fuel/Ignition management (TURBOEDIT)
and some upgraded valvesprings like ISKY

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
civic90ex said:
Thanks for the replies, yeah, im a little worried with my set up also. I getting a crane stage 2 with a comp cams adjustable cam gear, and im gonna use the z6 hg. So hopefully everything works out. DO you think a FPR and adjusting the cam gear and timing will suffice. I shure hope so. Good luck with your build civic90ex.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
d16a6 power said:
Thanks for the replies, yeah, im a little worried with my set up also. I getting a crane stage 2 with a comp cams adjustable cam gear, and im gonna use the z6 hg. So hopefully everything works out. DO you think a FPR and adjusting the cam gear and timing will suffice. I shure hope so. Good luck with your build civic90ex.
You won't need a FPR.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts