Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up a built shortblock from a member on here, The problem with the block is that there are a few headbolt holes stripped out. I was well aware of this when I bought the block. My question is where is a reliable place to attain a timesert Kit? I have searched through the old threads and found this place
Time-Sert M10x1.25 Metric Insert Kit w/(5) 16.2mm Length Inserts | Hoerr Racing Products

But I have never heard of them. Anyone else have any reliable companies to get a kit from? Also this kit comes with 16.2 mm inserts. To me they seem a little short, I have always been taught to go twice the thickness of the fastener. Let me know what you guys think. Edit:I guess they offer longer inserts as well.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
let me look tomorrow i may have all the stuff you need. how many timserts do you need? if i have the stuff ill sell you the time serts and send you the tools but you will have to send them back when your done. i have to check and see if i have the stuff for m10x 1.25

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
let me look tomorrow i may have all the stuff you need. how many timserts do you need? if i have the stuff ill sell you the time serts and send you the tools but you will have to send them back when your done. i have to check and see if i have the stuff for m10x 1.25
Shit man that would be great. I know at least 3 holes need to be fixed. I found a kit for around 80.00 but they only come with 16mm inserts. I Think I would feel more comfortable with the 20mm.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i bought my d16 headbolt kit straight from time-sert... call them up!
I think you had the master kit though right? I may give them a call if i cant get something from Hatchaddict.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok I ordered the 10x1.25 kit from timesert. I am just wondering what length of inserts others have used. The kit comes with 16.2mm inserts but I can get multiple lengths.

·
Registered
93 civic hatch
683 Posts
Ok I ordered the 10x1.25 kit from timesert. I am just wondering what length of inserts others have used. The kit comes with 16.2mm inserts but I can get multiple lengths.
i used whatever the kit came with.. it came with 10 inserts.

this is the kit i got. part number 4160
it was so damn easy to do and basically they make it so you cant fuck it up

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
you know you can double up the incerts right? when you drill, make sure you dont drill deeper then the hole already is.. i would locktite the incerts in when screwing them in.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you know you can double up the incerts right? when you drill, make sure you dont drill deeper then the hole already is.. i would locktite the incerts in when screwing them in.
Yea but I need to fix 3 holes and the kit only comes with 5 inserts. I just ordered 10 25mm inserts so I should be good to go. And you are definitely right I am going to lock-tite them in.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
and to be honest, i would do all 10 holes... the inserts are ALOT stronger then factory tapped treads

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
and to be honest, i would do all 10 holes... the inserts are ALOT stronger then factory tapped treads
Yes thats what I was thinking, I figure while I am there why not. It would be easier to do it now, rather that have one strip out later on.

·
Registered
too many
1,582 Posts

Crap thats cheap the kit I was looking at was $400 like mike93eh's
as long as the threads match up you can double them up.
I have a built EJ 2.2 motor and every headbolt was stripped cause ARP sent the wrong bolts. Other person used Helicoild I told him not to but now those are stripped. We need the Bigsert kit now.....

Also I have seen these used on Subaru 2.5 motors and boosted to 30 Psi and they are stable Now if I could find a 11m x 1.25 Big-sert kit cheap

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 24 Posts