Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im building a dseries engine with z6 head and z1 bottom end for boost etc. ive searched people used this setup before. my question is that with my my d15z1 block has already an oil cooler also good for cooling. the d15z1 waterpump pipe in the back of the block has only nipples for coolant lol. it is already used when i installed my z6 oem manifold originally the z6 has the iac valve coolant hose needs to be routed to the coolant pipe. i looked at a diagram i got from a Honda fsm of both motors routing. that iac valve needs to be hooked up. its missing a nipple for that iac vlave coolant hose. a hose is already used for the cooler and the other one is also used up.

need a nipple for that IAC valve coolant hose nearest to the timing belt side.

can i just put A t inline with one of the hoses and route it at the back of the coolant hose? or weld another coolant hose nipple bung just for that back of the coolant pipe?

if i T the IAC vlave coolant hose to one of the hoses either the cooler hose or the other hose that goes to the coolant pipe will that work?

weld another bung for it at the pipe or just T fitting inline with one of the hoses?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You mean an oil WARMER?
it has a oil cooler oil warmer what ever it is.
but putting on my z6 head there is an extra coolant hose from the iac vlave in need to be installed to the water pump coolant pipe back of the block.

its missing a nipple bung to hook up to . waterpump coolant pipe back of block has only 2 bungs for coolant hoses. and already used up...

is it ok to use a t fitting for that hose to hook up to one of the other coolant hoses? that goes to those rear coolant water pump pipe back of the block?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,306 Posts
"T" it.

or find the correct water pipe

·
Registered
35 Posts
How did you hook the small water hoses up? From what I remember from the older D16 engines with an oil cooler/warmer, it should look like that:

1. I/M (nipple next to runner #4) --> T/B --> IACV --> Water Hose

2. Water hose --> oil warmer/cooler --> nippley screw somewhere next to oil filter?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts