Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

So my Y8 head is screwed and I got an excellent deal on a z6 head and Im preparing to make the swap, I got my z6 dizzy and jumper harness my single Z6 head stud, but the guides I have found on this seem to be a little vague on what timing belt and head gasket to use, maybe Im not lookin in the right place, can anyone point me in the right direction

thanks gents

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
3,981 Posts
there are HUNDREDS of posts about z6 heads on y7/y8 blocks..... Id love to spoon feed you, but first you have to earn it. use the D-series search or google search and come back and tell me what you find

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you dont wanna help then dont, I have/am searching and your right there are a hundred noobs asking questions and thats all I can find

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb
1,831 Posts
this was like 15 post down from yours.. and i posted it in 2 thread this week. now this is the third. i know your not making a mini me but using the gaskets and timing belt would be the same

if you really searched you would have noticed that there is like 7 parts that most every mini me uses.

you will need the same parts for any mini me setup. so both of these right ups will work for you
FAQ: D15 SOHC VTEC Mini-Me : Massive Write-Up (56k Goodbye) - Honda-Tech
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=554053
[FAQ] D16Y7 / Y8 MINI-ME WRITE-UP.... WITH PICS (56k, maybe not) - Honda-Tech
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=735196

vtec- Head
non vtec- Block
Ecu- for the head your using
Distributor- for the head your using
Intake Manifold- for the head your using
Headgasket- for the head your using
timing belt- for the head your using
OBD1 Injectors, if converting...

·
Registered
'93 Civic D15B7/5spd
120 Posts
Honestly it doesn't matter what head gasket you use. The D16Z6 and D16Y8 head gaskets are nearly identical and both will work.

I always use one of those metal fiber crush gaskets, specifically the gasket Felpro makes for the 1988-1991 D15B1/D15B2, it's a thick gasket so it'll bump compression down a fragment of a fragment, but it's the most solid one I've seen, and I've never blown one. My D15B/D16Y7, JDM D15B non-VTEC, and D15Z1/D16Z6 all have that same D15B1/D15B2 gasket.

Timing belt for the Y8 or Z6 will also work, they are the same length. Basically all D16 timing belts are the same length and D15 timing belts are the same length. The exception is the D16A6 and D16A1/8/9, the A6 is a D15 timing belt and the A1/8/9 are DOHC.

When in doubt, you should use the belt/gasket for your head.

Then again, if you had really searched, you'd know that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts