Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about doing that combo, any problems with it, I heard the JDM d15b is basicly a z1 block with z6 pistons and z6 head. I was going to take apart a z1 block that I have laying around build it up bottom up with aftermarket parts, put on the z6 head and turbo it
is it possible? or would it cause more problems than just getting a d15b, because I already got the z6 head and z1 block laying around

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
your info is pretty much completely wrong...

d15b does not use z6 pistons
z1 rods and d15b rods are not the same
z1 crank and d15b crank are not the same

how did you go about "building up" the bottom end of your z1?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok let me rephrase this, is there any way to use a z6 head with a z1 block?

just the z1 block it self, not the piston they use or the rods, I was going to get aftermarket pistons and rods and etc...

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nothing, I didnt build it yet, I want to, but havent yet. I want more info before putting money into this project

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Use the Z1 crank and rods with `01 GX PMS pistons. It should give you around 10:1 compression IIRC.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
would that be the same thing basicly as using a jdm d15b with aftermarket parts? is it worth using a z1 block with a z6 head since I have them laying around? or should I just get a d15b?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
It's pretty much the same thing, but it's probebly cheaper to just buy an imported D15B and sell what you have.

·
Registered
59 Posts
same situation.

Hey guys I'm in the same situation, I have a D15B on and a D16Z6 but I ran witout oil and mesed it up, but the heads work. What conbinations can be made to increase power?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Crower 2 cam and PMS pistons to bump compression if your going N/A; Crower 2 "turbo" cam, Tuner Toys rods and Vitara pistons if you decide to go for boost.

·
Registered
59 Posts
same situation.

Hey guys I'm in the same situation, I have a D15B on and a D16Z6 but I ran witout oil and mesed it up, but the heads work. What conbinations can be made to increase power?

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,871 Posts
your info is pretty much completely wrong...

d15b does not use z6 pistons
z1 rods and d15b rods are not the same
z1 crank and d15b crank are not the same

how did you go about "building up" the bottom end of your z1?
mmm someones wrong

d15 is a d15..

z1 rods d15b and d16z6 rods are all the SAME LENGTH... d15z1 and d15b have small rod journals

d15b has different pistons then any motor in the us

z1 crank and d15b crank are exactly the same.. infact its the exact same motor down to the water pump.. the head is different and the pistons are different... THATS ALL

Crower 2 cam and PMS pistons to bump compression if your going N/A; Crower 2 "turbo" cam, Tuner Toys rods and Vitara pistons if you decide to go for boost.
tt rods dont fit 1.5 blocks with 1.6 rod lenght.. and 1.5 rod journals..

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,871 Posts
im using a z1 block with a y8 head stock block stock head at 14 psi t3 .42 .48 its fast.... low compression 8.04:1

if you use a z6 head it will be too low compression.. its like a mid-high 7:1

·
Registered
59 Posts
What im referring to is by switching D16 heads to D15 or Switching valves or valwe springs or somwthing like that, What can be done to increase power?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,796 Posts
can't switch the valves, can't switch the springs.

Switch the WHOLE motor and get it over with.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
mmm someones wrong

d15 is a d15..

z1 rods d15b and d16z6 rods are all the SAME LENGTH... d15z1 and d15b have small rod journals

d15b has different pistons then any motor in the us

z1 crank and d15b crank are exactly the same.. infact its the exact same motor down to the water pump.. the head is different and the pistons are different... THATS ALL

haha, i think you must have missed the official d15b part# thread...

-z1 rods are not the same as d15b rods. d15b infact uses 1.6 rods, the same ones that are found in the z6/a5/a1/zc/y8/etc
-the z1 crank and d15b crank are NOT the same. the main journals are the same, but the d15b has 1.6 rod journals. which is why it is able to use TT rods, Eagles, etc.

a d15 is not just a d15 in this case.
the d15b vtec has 1.6 rod journals :wink:

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,871 Posts
hmmm..... shit my bad.... i thought they were the same.. ya ive never seen the d15b parts# thread before.. my bad man.. learn somethin everyday... shit lol...

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ummm, seems too much of a headach....Ill just go buy a jdm d15b, its only 250

1 - 20 of 20 Posts