Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got me a z6 head. it is taken apart and has a bent rod.(the one that the rockers ride on) i need a complete rebuild kit for it because i am going to run some boost. 5-15 pounds. dont worry about my block thats later. i just want to make sure my head can take the abuse im going to trow at it. so any help on were i can get a great rebuild kit and suggestions on what kinda work my head should recive would be very helpfull. thank u .

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
i got me a z6 head. it is taken apart and has a bent rod.(the one that the rockers ride on) i need a complete rebuild kit for it because i am going to run some boost. 5-15 pounds. dont worry about my block thats later. i just want to make sure my head can take the abuse im going to trow at it. so any help on were i can get a great rebuild kit and suggestions on what kinda work my head should recive would be very helpfull. thank u .
I know your trying to say something, I can feel it.

I'll try to decode your post.

You want bent a rod and the rocker shaft. Your looking To rebuild your engine and head. Now are you asking if we could sell you that stuff(against the rules and you'll never see the classifieds) or your looking to be spoofed everything.

A simple google search and just about 10-15 mins of your time I'm perty sure you'll get what your looking for.

Talk to RC autoworks or go autoworks. They are kick ass shops. They will get you squared away

·
Registered
409 Posts
Quick check I always did was spray brake cleaner into the ports and see if it leaks threw the valve seats. If it can't hold brake cleaner, it wont hold air. If it leaks you need a valve job, if it doesn't then rock it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
i think hes saying that he bent a valve not a rod. just wrong word. if thats what your saying you can buy valves from honda ebay autozone etc. your stock head like everyone has said will handle what you want to do with it. its your block that you'll need to worry about at that psi. good luck.

hope that helps

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok. i got the head in a box with all the -arts taken off. the guy told me that the rocker shaft was bent. its a long rod that runs horiziontal with the camshaft. there are 2 from i can see. the rockers slide on to them. the rod is what im looking for. and thx for telling me my head will handle the boost, i did not know that. so with that said i need a rebuild. any suggestions on were i can get one? money is not a option. thanks guys. and yes im a noob.

·
Registered
977 Posts
a stock head, rocker assembly, rods, and whatever else comes in a z6 can take it up 15psi easy.

you should do just fine on a wholly stock assembly if youre just looking for some cushion and are SATISFIED with your suspension, tranny gears, tires, steering, plugs and wires.

word to the wise? if youre gonna keep the engine stock? UPGRADE your suspension.

always do that. struts, coils, brakes, rotors, axles, tires, you name it, you should definitely change out your tranny also if you dont have at the least a cable tranny from an SI.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
a stock head, rocker assembly, rods, and whatever else comes in a z6 can take it up 15psi easy. Didn't know there was a Psi limit

you should do just fine on a wholly stock assembly if youre just looking for some cushion and are SATISFIED with your suspension, tranny gears, tires, steering, plugs and wires.

word to the wise? if youre gonna keep the engine stock? UPGRADE your suspension. QFT

always do that. struts, coils, brakes, rotors, axles, tires, you name it, you should definitely change out your tranny also if you dont have at the least a cable tranny from an SI.
At least a cable tranny? What else is there. GEt a Hydro Z6 trans and be done. Struts and springs help. Axles are axles, brakes are brakes. If they work, they work. My stock OEM disc/drum set up locks all 4 Good enough.

Tires. 205/50/r15s are grippys and dont look ricer. Be aware of the imact of larger tires on MPG/Performance.

Also Compound>size.

Sway bars are the Shit..32mm FTW

Btw. a new head is 50$ on CL. IDK why you are dicking around with a bent one.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i jusat want to rebuild my head i got!! i dont care about suspension thats not importent. my engine is not stock btw just my head i have on there now is bad. thats why i bought another one but i need to rebuild it. i mean everything in the head has to go. im starting from the ground up with just a casting. so can u lead me in the right deriction on were i could buy a complete head rebuild. thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
one more thing i forgot to add. my setup is going to be a low compretion setup because as of right now i have a zc bottom eagle rods vitara pistons and a stock z6 head. so any info on how to lower the compretion using my head would also be appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
you could dremel your valves and make them more into a bowl....
Compression*, i'm sure everyone here is trying to help, but it would help to know what your goals are. Are you planning on building the head, to make sure it can rev high and flow much better?
or just a stock rebuild? take it to a machine shop and they'll tell you what needs to be done to make it flow like "stock" again.If you wan to rebuild it with aftermarket parts, then supertech, ferrea, delta, colt, bisi, and many more are out there on google..

·
Registered
977 Posts
At least a cable tranny? What else is there. GEt a Hydro Z6 trans and be done. Struts and springs help. Axles are axles, brakes are brakes. If they work, they work. My stock OEM disc/drum set up locks all 4 Good enough.

Tires. 205/50/r15s are grippys and dont look ricer. Be aware of the imact of larger tires on MPG/Performance.

Also Compound>size.

Sway bars are the Shit..32mm FTW

Btw. a new head is 50$ on CL. IDK why you are dicking around with a bent one.
axles are axels and brakes are brakes? what other kind of tranny is there besides cable clutch? then you answer your own inane question with your own suggestion. LAWLZ, hypocrite. An SI tranny is much different from a dx. He could easily have one built to spec. Are you looking for brownie points? or think being a douche is a good look for you?

So much fail with this asshole comparison.

Who said anything about a PSi LIMIT?
he wants reliability from his stock engine, only someone STUPID would think that a high amount of PSI on a super stock setup and misinforming someone by claiming the skys the limit would think its okay to toss in this useless info u have provided. Oh wait, u didnt. :asshole:

15 pounds is just fine especially if hes going to stick with OEM parts, yes he can achieve up to a possible higher amount with HIGH PSI, but then what? where will he go after he blows up?

QFt?

seriously, you need to get a clue. Dont try to downtalk me, and then use my sentence to finish what you try to throw in.

LAWLZ, you didnt know it had a limit , its a stock machine, it can only hold so much, SMDH....:eek:tcrash:

·
Registered
977 Posts
OP: why do you want low compression?

are you doing a low comp high PSi build?

why go so high on the boost when you can bring your comp to a good 10.5 and have all the good effects of boost between 15 and 20 psi?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Replace the rod and see if your valves leak. If they don't then use is as is. If it leaks then get a valve job done by a reputable machine shop. If you plan on reving past redline one day then replace your valve springs with aftermaket ones while its out now. Stock Z6 head has handled 400hp so freshen it up and use it.

·
Registered
977 Posts
i saw one on an ether set up pushing 400, not sure if it was ALL stock though.

Different injectors for sure, fuel rail. fuel pump im sure...

but yeah, it can do it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i dont want my head to be stock because in the future i dont want have to replace internals when i can get it out the way now. its my dd and i work every day so i dont have time for fuck ups. i dont want stock i want the best. suggestions on parts like were i getthem or what kind like titanium valves est... as far as compression i was told i cant run high boost on a high commpression build. im already at 12 to 1. so i want to lower compression and if i can do that on my head right now that would be great but i dont know how.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts