Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok... i'm about to swap my head again... i came across a z6 head.... i know this has been covered in other threads but i wanted to know what you guys thought about considering my set up...

i have a 99 y8 block... and for the head i will have:

-jg 85vt35 cam w/ isky springs
-stock compression
-oem hg

i know the z6 head (stock) flows better than the y8
... but with the head swap to a z6 compression will drop from 9.6:1 to 9.2:1

what would be more important... the better flow characteristics of the z6 head?... or higher compression with the y8 head?

also... i am running a z6 cam... would i use the z6 cam with stock cam timing... or advance it the same way i am using it with my y8?....

thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey a fellow Canadian. I have had both heads done and we went with the Y8 head. Now the Y8 needs more work to match the flow of a Z6. Also as you know the compression will be higher with the Y8 which is key to a NA setup. If you are looking for someone to do it talk to Graeme at Canadian Cylinder Head. He does all my head work. I am also using a Z6 cam in my Y8 head and found that at 4 deg's advanced was TDC, but that may very depending on the cam. Hope that helps.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey all motor scott thanks for the clarification and suggestion... ya i have used graeme before... very good stuff!

thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts