Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, big thanks to everyone on here contributing. I've been lurking a while and have learned a shit load.

I have a 94 del sol, with a y8 block and a z6 head, along with a z6 intake manifold.

My main issue is currently my high (1.5k rpm) and erratic idle.

I'm throwing codes for the iacv, the tps, map sensor, and cylinder sensor.

I've changed the tps and the iacv, but only just noticed a hose is missing from one of the nipples of the iacv (the one that goes to the connecting pipe) after doing some research, I learned there isn't a spot on the y8 connecting pipe for the z6 IACV.

Also the owner before tried to temporarily fix the issue (I think) by shoving some plastic in one of the ports on the inside of the throttle body.

Changing the sensors didn't do squat and I can unplug the iacv and nothing even happens, so I'm wondering if it's the missing hose.

I really have no clue where to go from here and any help would be much appreciated. I've searched far and wide and cannnot seem to find jack shit. Others than where the hose goes, and there's no spot for it lol

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I've found out the erratic idle issue was mainly my FITV, so I cleaned it and screwed the cap down all the way on it.

I then reset the ecu and let it idle for about five minutes, then it died on me.

With that being said, I still don't know how to connect the nipple of the IACV to the connecting pipe, and I believe that is still part of the issue.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Here are some picture of the intake area.

Attachments

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,454 Posts
yes. that is a coolant line. it runs through the iacv and back into the system.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Time for a THOROUGH cleaning of everything in the intake system.

the dumbass painted even the inside of the throttlebody.

There is bound to be something gummed up with paint

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a lot guys. I'm got the T-fitting and hose and clamps, gonna try and hook that IACV back up.

I also thought the paint job was a little janky on the IM lol

Definitely going to clean it up if it's still running weird after

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
case closed. it was a bad dizzy and also needed to calibrate the TPS (along with clean TB and Fast Idle valve). Thanks for the help everyone!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts