Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i am new to the d series forum, but i am no noob to d engines.... i picked up a "newish" head off of ebay. guy is doing a swap and parting out his z6 i picked up his "rebuilt 10,000 miles ago head" , dizzy and wires for only 140 bucks he says no smoke, no oil consumption or problems for that matter. i am broke, after paying taxes machine shop may be too much monaay-.- and just wondering if i would be good just checking warpage w/ straight edge and piece of tin metal. and any advice for the cleaning and prep of the head???
-----btw i am putting it on a jdm d15b, due to a cracked head....... pic of my head i got off ebay and in the mail now are attached... i will post a diy picture tutorial on my head install after this saturday.

Attachments

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
If you're no newb to D engines, you should know the answer to the question you just asked.

Disassemble and clean with hot, soapy water. Check the valves. You might want to replace the valve stem seals if you pull the head apart. Check the valve seats. Check the cam journals, rockers and cam for wear. Check for flatness of the deck. Reassemble. Install.

·
Registered
265 Posts
If you can get it checked for free great, otherwise checking yourself is an iffy situation if you do not have the proper tools ie. a bit of tin.

If you are going to check it yourself, first check your straight edge using this method;

find a flat surface, (a thick plate of glass or similar)
tape a sheet of paper to the surface on all four corners, (the paper must be flat against the surface)
find a sharp pencil, sharp enough that it will draw a line thinner than the words I am typing.
lay the straight edge on the paper and hold it down, I can't stress this enough, the straight edge can't move at all!
draw a line with the point touching exactly where the straight edge intersects the paper, use even pressure, if the lead on your pencil breaks start over.
once the line is drawn, without lifting the straight edge rotate it counter clockwise 180 degrees, then align the same edge you used as a guide to draw the line with the line.
again draw a line with the pencil over the first line.

if you come away with a single line great, if there is a place anywhere along the line where you see two lines your straight edge is not in fact straight. You have now checked one of four edges that most steel rules have, do the other three.

JGTC-EG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.