Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Z6 Crossmember Mount (WITH PICS!!!!)

Hi guys, I have a Z6 and am trying to mount this bad boy up. I have the mount bolted to the Tranny, and the one bolted to the where the Timing belt is.

My question is, where can I get a bracket to mount that rear mount that sits on the crossmember (below the air intake)? I have seen on a civic in the junkyard with a D15Y7 that the crossmember mounts to a bolt hole on the tranny, but my Z6 doesn't seem to have that...so Im thinking its a bracket. Now with the EXTREME unavailability of Civic/Si's with engines in the junk yards around phoenix, Im not even sure what I 'm looking for, or where I can get one....

Any Help!? Thanks.

-N00b.

·
Registered
1993 Civic Ex Coupe
793 Posts
Try your local Honda dealer. Honda is very good about supporting older models. & it won't be a worn out part from a high milage car.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
The rear bracket:

http://www.a1recar.com/honda.htm

I'm pretty sure they ship... if not I will pick it up myself, and you can pay me for it+shipping+a few for gas =)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jared,

thanks for the links, look interesting in there...but I'm still not sure what I am looking for. I looked under Engine Cradle Rear, didn't get any hits at the first two places... I was just in California for turkey day too :damn:
It is a separate bracket then right? I may go down the dealer and see if they can show me what I'm looking for. Sorry for my extreme n00bishness.
Unfortunately this has held up my project for several weeks and people are starting to get upset about car parts in the backyard...So I would be willing to pay some $$$ to get this done.

Just to clarify, I have the rubber engine mount bolted to the crossmember, and then the arm that sticks out from that mount on the crossmember that is sup post to bolt to the engine somewhere....

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
if jared is down why dont u take a pic of wat u need and where it is u need it and have him go look for you. and then pay him for the bracket, shipping, and lil for gas n lookin. it would probly be easier for you that way.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
yep, the bot out the back goes through the motor mount.

if you take loose the tq mounts, and disconnect the shift linkage, you can get the mount in by rocking the motor =)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aha! Ok S-18. I have that bracket. Its currently bolted onto the motor mount (on the cross member) as we speak. (like you were saying Jared) But how did you attach that bracket to the Block?! thats what I'm wondering! I have a bunch of bolt holes in the block over there, but I cant seem to find anyway to attach that bracket to the engine. thats why I was thinking there must be another bracket!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Just an update, We went ahead and lined up the engine fairly precisely to the crossmember, and it looks like the mount I want is actually suppost to bolt to the transmission. Up top... I have a Si Transmission cable operated, and its already got the side mount on it, so I guess I just need a rear mount now. Anyone know where I can get one?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmph. My Monologue continues. I took a look at a Wrecked Del Sol today, didnt have Vtec though....anyway, that crossmember bracket seemed to bolt to a flange on the side of the transmission, kinda in the same area as the bell housing, but farther back (obviously). All the D15B7 civics in my local junk yard bolt up the same....

However, my transmission doesn't seem to have that mount. I've got three bolt holes up top of the bit that sticks out for the axel shafts..... Kinda looks how a CRX Bolted up....I saw one of those in the junkyad too. It had a flat bracket going from the motor mount and bolted to the top the top of the transmission. Looked exactly like the bolt pattern mine had too......But, there was never a D16Z6 in a CRX was there?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok here look!

Red arrows are the top bolt holes that look awefully like the ones that sit in a CRX. The blue arrow points to the area where that crossmember bracket seems to normally mount. Im confused.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts