Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
civic
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i know ur just going to say silly noob but i have a z6 crank and main cap and a y8 block just wondering is it will work ok it fits fine but just wondering about oil issues and bearings

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
this isnt true. you can mix and match girdles dude. people do it all the time with B series. LS have no girdles, they put GSR girdles on them.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
yeah your right you can mix and match gidles but i wouldnt do it with out having it line bored unless your ok with eating main bearings and maybe the crank. the blocks are line bored with the girdle on from the factory to ensure that the mains are true hence the code on the block for main bearing selection

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
we both said yes. take it to the machine shop to get it fitted man.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Plastigauge motherfucker! Ucanhazit!!!!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
i think im going to c if i can get ahold of a new or used main
it dont matter if you get a new one used one or any other one. your still gonna have to have it line bored. the only way you wont have to is if you use the one from the block you have but you said its cracked so in other words your fucked. get a different complete block with the girdle or just get yours line bored with the z6 girdel

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Since it sounds like you're just wanting to throw something together backyard DIY style, do it...and report back to us after 1000 miles.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts