Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up everyone. i had a vitara build and i snapped my motor mounts out of my block so i got a new one. its a y7 but i realized today the guy i got it off of didnt tell me it snapped a rod and now there is a hole in the oil pan. and im guessing the crank and girtle from the y7 is trash.

i didnt know if it was possible to put my z6 crank and girtle into the y7. if anyone know please let me know. i need to get my car back out on the road.

matt

·
Registered
the short bus
1,065 Posts
explain how you snapped your motor mounts out of your block. do you mean you cracked the old block or you stripped the threads in the block? if stripped, why not heli-coil the old block seeing as the y7 is trash? you could even get ghetto and put some jb weld in the hole and tighten it up.

to answer your question, the girdles are most likely different. the main bearings have different inside diameters. if it does work, your also going to need a drill to make a new hole for the oil dipstick.

·
Banned
998 Posts
u cant swap girdles.. the girdle is matched to the block..only way u can get a diff girdle not matched to the block is to get them line bored to line up...

in the end its a hell of alot easier to get a matching block and girdle

and if it threw a rod enough to hit ur oil pan the block prolly has some dents on the inside anyway

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
for the motor mount question, i cracked a piece of the block off yes. and pulled out all the threads. for some reason while i was tuning the car it kept cutting out once i hit 15 lbs or more. and thats another long story. because of the piece breaking off of the block i dont know if i could fix it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts