Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so in my ej1 sits a stock z6 (i/h/e) with 225xxx miles and an auto tranny (i know)....so im plannin on gettin ahold of a WAY lower mileage z6 and s20 (si) tranny........first off, where to find the best/most involved rebuild kit for a z6....plan on boring block .020 with oversized p29 pistons, milling head/block .010, slight pnp of the head with 3-angle valve job and .05 larger valves, crower 2 cam (or sohc zc cam) portmatched z6im with gsr tb, use my aem sri, get new header (prolly kamikazee 4-1) and use old 2 3/8" madrel exhaust with twinloop .....is there any thing i overlooked in this build?....sumthin not a good idea?....it'd be GREAT to make 140 to the wheels with this setup and si tranny (with lsd!)....think its possible?

*edit* oh yeah, engine managment?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Just get the Crower 2 or 3, there's no real proof the ZC cam is any differant than the Z6 cam. For engine managemant use CROME and call it a day.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Kamikaze 4-1 header is not for naturally aspirated engine, only for supercharged! It would lose lots of power everywhere. If you're gonna replace valves, get some Supertech or Omnipower with undercut stem, and propably 0.5mm oversize atleast for exhaust (I've modified stock valves on intake and flows over [email protected]") if you're planning some serious power. Most likely stock size valves are adequate for ~200hp. Stem undercut should help flow significantly with these heads.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how would that header rob me of power?.......id too large?/////i want sumthin better than a dc 4-1 but nothin crazy like smsp or bisi

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any suggestions?.....i know sumones gotta disagree with this setup...or say its good?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts