Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
same car only got on
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys need a lil help iv got d16z6 and im puitning a y8 head on it if i can get some help many thanks i want to know what i need to set my timing to and what probs im goin to run into and i know that some head bolts r diff and the timing is diff iv got a aftter markit timing gear if someone can just let me know

idk what it is with the people on they cant give a brother some help lol wtf people

·
Registered
841 Posts
Well maybe you should SEARCH like that guy above me did and you woulda found it..hey i think thats commen sence..

but no the guy above me spoon fed you like i do some times for noobs

And acually you can type your shit in google and youd find your answers:bigok:

Im helpful aint i :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
not to thread jack here or anything but this was helpful. i was just looking for what was already stickied. lol. this was pretty much the first thing i saw and the link was exactly what i was looking for. lol. thanks

·
Registered
'97 Del Sol
751 Posts
Dude your lucky I noticed your from Ar. or I would've over looked this thread too. So before you get flamed to the point of no return or ignored (which you deserve right now), I'm gonna try and point you in the right direction.

Zen's Forum Etiquette Crash Training Course 101:

1: It's always wise when new to a forum to post a short introduction.

This intro should include things like; where your from, your current car and or projects, what kind of experience/education do you have with said topic,
reason for becoming a member on the site, future goals based on said topic.

This intro is important cause it gives some background in order for other members to not only get to know you a bit but also to get an idea of what level your on. And it helps break the ice and show other members your true intentions for becoming a member.

2: Punctuation (". ,") and Spacing is your friend.

When you run all your sentences together in one large txt wall it makes it fricken hard to read no this isn't english class but if people have a hard time comprehending what your saying then it screws up everything the less errors you have in your writing style the less likely people will misinterperate what your saying try to complete a sentence as this isn't a txt message this is a forum using complete words and finishing a sentence will ensure you have done your part to get you point across in a clear and concise way also spacing out paragraghs/thoughts makes it easier on the eyes most people will skim your posts and if it's all blurred together they can miss important info that they could have used to help you <---notice how hard it was to read that?

3: When posting a question always give plenty of "information".

Info like; engine code, chassis, OBD, ECU, all mods, tuning managment, any other changes, sometimes, funds, goals, intentions, skillz, prior knowledge or experience, and tools at desposal can give insight to others in order to better dirrect you aswell.
Like the saying goes, "help me help you". Too much info is always better than not enough. It's a waste of time when people have to ask you 21 questions just to get the starting point or on the same page as you on your project.

IF your doing "Frankenstein" style builds with head swaps other part swaps from other engines and things of the sort then you must list off every part that your changing and also note what things you havn't changed.
This keeps other members from having to A$$UME what you have going on.

4: Learn to be a good "searcher"

All good tech forums have "stickies", "archives", and "F&Q" sections slammed full of information all you have to do is find them then click and read.
The "search button" on the top of the forums has search options to help narrow down what your looking for, and will make hunting the site fast and easy. Goolging with the site's name tagged at the end of what your looking for will also work sometimes.
If what your searching isn't getting you anywhere then get creative and change around the wording for what your seaching for, try different things, quotation marks on phases you know you should be able to find.
e.g, "Z6/Y8", "D16Z6 with D16Y8 Head", "D16Y8 head on a D16Z6",
"D16Y8 head swap".

The other benefit to being a good "searcher" is that members will prolly be able to tell you've done your homework, this is important because alot of people won't "spoon feed". If other members feel your not trying hard enough to find the info yourself then why should they help?
I would also like to say double/triple checking any and all info is very important.

5: Respect.

It's simple....your the nOOb, you have to show respect to get respect. Most forums are like small families of friends, so get to know them and let them get to know you. The last thing you want to do is step on the wrong toes, at the same time I'm not saying butt kissing is the alternative.

6: Learn the Forum

The forum interface is important to navigate around so learn what the forum has to offer and we already talked about search functions. Learn the members on the forum, every site has various types of people on it so learn who to trust and who to never pay attention to. Find out who the moderators are, these members can be your best friend or your worst enemy. Oh that brings me to another thought.........READ the RULES

7: Give back

Try to help others when you are able to. Give solid factual information to those in need. Jump into a debate if you have a valid opinion to share. Remember, one day some "nOOb" will be reading your old posts and threads so leave a good foot print for them when you can.

8: We all like Pictarz

They also make for some of the best toolz we have on a forum

The End

Anyways I'd be glad to help answer your questions as soon as you make a new post that makes sense. If you read that to a shop owner over the phone they would laugh and hang up on you...just sayin

BaaJaa (member here) lives in your town I think, you should send him a PM and see if he could give ya some hands on help. He seems to know enough to give you a good hand.

Also if my tough wuv didn't ruin your day then you can check out the
"Ar. local" car forum in my sig. It may not be much tech help but besides the a$$holes there it's a pretty cool site j/k lol .

Good Luck man :bigok:

·
Registered
97 civic lx
967 Posts
Guss? Lol. I gave you headbolts when I sold you that head. The search button in the top right corner of the site is your friend. Anything to do with a d-series, it will give you the answer.

Edit: sometimes, I search Shit for no reason. Just so I know.

·
Registered
'97 Del Sol
751 Posts
Guss? Lol. I gave you headbolts when I sold you that head. The search button in the top right corner of the site is your friend. Anything to do with a d-series, it will give you the answer.

Edit: sometimes, I search Shit for no reason. Just so I know.
Lmao, so I guess you guys already know each other, Bwahahha!!!
Get him baajaa, don't let him slack man. :rant2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.