Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys iv ben wanting to get a z6 and start building it up little by little...i was thinking arp headstuds...greddy 2mmm head gasket and a bolt on turbo kit or just piecing one togther...how many pounds on a good tune should i be able to hold? i was looking for 10-12 and around 220whp thanks alot guys

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Search around and read the stickies. In a nut shell you should probably build the bottom end a little bit, rods and pistons. Good tuning, piece together a kit, its cheaper.

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
2,915 Posts
PSI does NOT matter. Think of how much power you want and where you want your powerband.

A junkyard turbo kit using a t3/t4 should do the trick for what you are looking for, just remember to use an intercooler and get a good tune. 220whp on a stock z6 shouldn't be too hard, thats what I'm thinking of running when I get around to it.

Piece your kit together. :TU:

·
Registered
113 Posts
You don't really NEED to build the engine for 220whp. You can for piece of mind but for the most part a lower mileage engine should be able to withstand 220whp with a good tune (no detonation). The price of a new engine when that one blows vs building one for a measley 220whp might be less. I'm hoping mine blows soon so I can get a lower mileage one to swap in. I've got 240,000kms on mine and I'm pushing 10psi through my T3 and I'm estimating around 200whp ish judging by other peoples setups with the same psi and turbo. Other people are running around 220whp so 200 would be a good estimate I think.

·
Registered
40 Posts
yea am also building a z6 hopefully ill be around the 250 range with vitaras n rods main problem is using a hf manifold and t25

·
Registered
777 Posts
its all in the tune.............. ive been running 9psi on stock z6 engine for almost 2 years now and no problems.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow thats pretty sick then yea i will deff have to get a really good tune on the car when it gets all done...i see those vitara pistons on ebay but dont kno if they really are them

1 - 9 of 9 Posts