Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
No more Honda's :-(
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 92 cx that im going to be putting a jdm d16zc sohc vtec motor in. i want to get a greddy turbo kit and slap it on. what could i run with this motor still being pretty much stock? i was planning on running the afc hack and turning up the boost but how much is too much? btw this kit has a frount mount with it. the block and head will be stock. thanks for any info. i just don't wanna be real slow, right now i have a bottle and it runs strong but it's not there all the time.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Ill let you know here pretty quick, Ive got a jdm zc sohc vtec (d16z6) I fixin' to put a greddy kit on , I am running greddy evo exaust and a powercore racing cat, fresh 3 angle valve job, in a 93 dx coupe .

·
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet i would love to know what you run. i just wanna make sure that i'm as fast with a turbo as i am on spray.

·
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
with a afc, but how much can a stock z6 motor handle?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Depending on tuning it can handle as much as 250hp IMO. I have seen as much as 300+ on a stock Z6 with an AFC, but that is on the edge of danger. BBKA is running like 216hp on a stock Z6 with Uberdata.

·
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool, well i just bought the turbo kit. i will be running 5-6 psi till i get a intercooler. now i just need to find a cheap blow off valve and i'm set. oh yeah and some 450 cc injectors.

H

·
0 Posts
right now i have a bottle and it runs strong but it's not there all the time...i just wanna make sure that i'm as fast with a turbo as i am on spray.

Well, my setup isn't exactly the same as yours..., but it hopefully will give you an idea. I have an '89 dx hatch (see sig) with an apexi turbo kit (tyrus fmic, etc). My buddy has an '89 crx with a b16, boltons, and a 65 shot (zex). We went to PMI (4900 ft above sea level) a couple weeks ago. It was my first time EVER at the drag strip. I was on stock wheels/tires, stock clutch and throwing 3 codes. BTW - I'm running the AFC hack at 10 psi. The car was in open loop either from the map sensor seeing boost (which I guess isn't supposed to happen with the hack), or the bad thermostat. Anyway, wheelspin killed my first run - 17.0 at 92mph... :? My next run I didn't launch - just took off from 1000 rpm. I still spun through most of 1st. It hooked the rest of the way, and I hit a 14.4 at 99mph. That was with a 2.4 sixty foot. The mph is good for mid 13s. My buddy with the nitrous b16 hit a 14.6 at 95 mph (that was his best of several runs). I know there are tons of differing variables, but in response to your worry of being as fast with turbo as with spray, I don't think that will be a problem. Of course it could just be that b16s are lousy noise makers...damn torqueless wonders 8) J/K

·
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if i don't ruina atleast a low 13 my car will be for sale again. still looking for a merkur xr4ti, anyt type of rx-7 or a jeep wrangler 4.0

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
I bet this...you keep the car reguardless of what or how it runs. You get boost happy and blow up the motor, swap in yet another engine then go back to spray, only to put a hole in that one too lol. J/K Alex I'm starting to know you too well.

R

·
0 Posts
we set up a 92 (i think) cx with a d16z6 sohc vtec with a homemade kit. its running about 8-9 psi from a mistu t25 and pushing it through custom 2" charge pipe and a dsm sidemount intercooler. we are running a 99si fuel pump and dsm 450's being controlled by uberdata for fuel management. completely untuned, w/ just a basemap for boost, and no seats except the drivers, he ran a 13.64 the other night. i was blown away.

·
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
redzcstandardhatch said:
we set up a 92 (i think) cx with a d16z6 sohc vtec with a homemade kit. its running about 8-9 psi from a mistu t25 and pushing it through custom 2" charge pipe and a dsm sidemount intercooler. we are running a 99si fuel pump and dsm 450's being controlled by uberdata for fuel management. completely untuned, w/ just a basemap for boost, and no seats except the drivers, he ran a 13.64 the other night. i was blown away.
i had better run atleast that! i will be doing a turbo upgrade to as needed.

and derek i won't beturning up the boost too high, maybe to 12 psi at max and that's going to take some time til i get there. i'm defenitly going to hang on to the zex kit till i see what the turbo runs like. if i don't like the turbo kit off it will come and i'll go back to the useing the zex. the zex did make me haul some ass.

O

·
0 Posts
good link for novice users there mdt017. it will certainly help shead some light on their thought on what will work for them.

·
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yep, i'm liking the link. i like whatit says to. it basicalluy says it's a good kit to use as a daily driver.

O

·
0 Posts
That's EXACTLY what I have been trying to tell everyone. It's pretty sad that everyone has to beat someone up who already has info till they read it from someplace else. I'm jsut getting tired of eveytime I make an effort to help I get slammed by the same 3 or 4 because they feel their ideas only mater. anywho. Hopefully others will see the problems and overlook them to get to the information needed.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
oscarmayer, the link just proves my info........

Now that same turbo kit on a B18B (redrill the manifold) went 12.91, go figure.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts