Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i am rage and i am new to the forum, from the bay area in Norcal, was referred here from club civic.com, just bought a 94 ex coupe with a d16z6, and i don't feel that it accelerates as it should, first let me say that i tried searching for the topic but i did not see much that could help but please feel free to enlighten me. first, it has an auto tranny, second, the gas pedal feel very tight, that could mean many things, but it feels like i need to give it too much gas to get it moving. third, it seems like the car has a very very light vibration coming from the back, and im just looking for advice on what i should check. damn at some point ill check into the local part of the forum, see if i could find a local D series pro to check it out too. but any help would be appretiated.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
if you have vibration in the rear and also takes alot to get moving, then double check your rear brakes and e-brake cables.
just something to check to see if everything is releasing like it should and not causing any drag

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am willing to check whatever you may recommend or get whatever info your asking if it helps, i will get the brakes examined soon, to see if the first poster was correct, also if this matters, my tranny fluid seems to be ok,no metal shavings from it, not able to check out the filter until next weekend, and whatever the problem is, i think it might be affecting my gas mileage. is there anyway to know if its running too lean or rich? i was planning on doing the sea foam auto tranny treatment on it soon since i just did a regular sea foam treatment myself this weekend, made some difference, but not enough.idle is rough but i understand cleaning or replacing the iacv should help a lot. so what about the dizzy could affect the acceleration? like if the firing order is off? and other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
you can tell if its running to lean or rich by pulling the plugs and examining them. They should be a light gray with the tips being kinda white.
If they are black then you are running to rich,if they are very light in color then your running to lean. Also double check that the gap on the plug is right for your application

·
Registered
eg hatch
194 Posts
do a good tune up...clean throttle body,clean injectors,check tire pressure,flush raditor,bleed brake lines,new tranny fluid,wires,plugs,cap and rotor and iam just helping you out..lol those are some things that will proly help..lol..good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts