Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a D16Z6 longblock when I slung a rod in my Z1, with a hole on each side of the block. My Z1 tranny should bolt on to my Z6, along with any other misc. parts such as intake, fuel rail, etc, right?

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
It should, but why would you want to use the Z1 stuff? Use the z6 stuff (Intake, fuel rail, trans, etc).

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Do you have a VX hatch then? I've been there and what I soon realized is that using all Z6 stuff is the only way to go. Sell your small TB/IM, injectors, ecu, OEM WB, exhaust mani, and EGR valve to someone looking to do an economy build.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I am. I actually have an AEM fuel rail and bigger injectors that will fit from my B16A that the main bearing went out on. I'll use my z6 parts. Just wondering in case I need spares. =P And I have an SI, but the main bearing went out on my B swap, so going back to the single jingle stock z6. I can also use my MSD ignition. I have the z6 ecu I'm gonna use as well. And I can't use a z6 tranny because I didn't get one. I actually bought the Z1 parts from a friend that slung the rod and he has an H22A now. I just need something right now to get going.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha awesome. Is the takeoff pretty decent since the ratio is so long? I'm hoping to get this build done in a couple weeks. Dropping the B16A out this Saturday with DavidCH and gotta put an axle back together. I can't wait to get out on the road! Any small mods I can do to the Z6 to tune it up better? Rebuilding the Z6 next weekend so... =D

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Takeoff decent? Eh, no. Long gears are not what you want for quicker acceleration. If you have to use a VX trans please use the heaviest FW you can get on there too!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got most of the B16A out of the hatch. Need to get 1 more axle and the whole thing should slide out of there tomorrow. All I need is a VTEC solenoid and to fix my VX axle and I'll be up and running!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts