Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
putting a z1 head on my jdm d15b. trying to get a little better gas mileage while i start a rebuild on the jdm head. right now i just need to know a few things...
1. do i need the z1 dizzy?
2. can i use the vtec solenoid from my current head?
3. will my current valve cover fit the z1 head?
4. is there any other sensors or anything that will not swap onto the z1 head from the current head?
5. what head gasket?
5. anyone got a personal build sheet from a jdm head they rebuilt?
6. ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW?

thanks to anyone who helps.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
how about you just keep the d15b stock and get a dx or cx transmission?

and how much better are you trying to get? i average 40 mpg on the freeway with my buddy's EH3 w/ d15b at 75 mph (205/50R15 tires)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not really about the gas mileage so much just having about having something to drive while i relbuild my current head. just need something to drive while my head is off my car you know? learning experience too, i have never gotten too hands on with any motors, just swappping and wiring issues, no internals. so it is just kinda a "do it cause i can" thing. i go the head lying around, i might as well put it to use you know? just working with what i got.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
I'm not so sure just plopping on the Z1 on there will be all that great. The Z1 is only good with all the correct supporting items...bottom end, 5-wire O2, smaller TB/IM, EGR valve, etc etc. Not to mention that head uses 190cc injectors.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ha. yeh i thought about all that too. shouldnt the ecu just adjust the fuel mixture to fit the new cam setting? i guess we will see what happens. i know it will work cause i talked to a guy that had a similar set up i beleive it was a z1 head on a b7 block. he said all the compression calculators said that it had crazy hi compression too. but like i said. right now i just need a replacement head. but uhhh.... how we comming with those answers? :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts