Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if anyone knows about it, but every year there's a ZCCA (Z Car Club of America) Convention that's a pretty big deal. It's a week long event and it's pretty nutz. It's a really big deal to me because it's almost never in texas. This year it is so I'm participating in it with my friend who owns a 1980 280ZX turbo. The car show was today at texas stadium.

Here are the pics if anyone cares....

....by the way, I LOVE the lip on these wheels. I really like the vertical part of it. If anyone knows any kind of wheels with similar lips please lemmie know.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

.....^^^this guy's car is nuts. His name is Tetsu Takakamo and he's the guy who started the UZCCJ (Ultimate Z Car Club of Japan). If you can't tell he's got a skyline motor in his 280ZX. He's only pushing, oh I don't know, 700ish HP. The guys in his club over there are crazy. They get cars like his and put in skyline motors, trannys, and entire skyline all wheel drive atessa systems. It was a big deal just to get his car over here. For some reason Texas would not let him fly his car into the state. So, long story short he had to fly it to cali and then drive it down here to Texas. K, more pics....

ITB's FTW!!

·
Registered
97 del slo
802 Posts
i used to want a 90's 300z so bad. pretty hard to come by around here. and the other ones, they wanted 10k for 100k+ mileage. so i got a del sol instead. haha

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright this is crazy. So, the final closing banquet was last night. And they were talking about the track day up at the road course at motor sport ranch. They said that some kid there was driving for the very first time. Now I'm not talking, he was racing for the first time. He was DRIVING for the first time. Also on top of that, he had NEVER driven a stick before, so he was learning that while trying to race. Now here's the kicker, remember those pics of that fully built raced out z I posted. The kids dad owned it and the kid was using that car at the track. Keep in mind the clutch on this car was so unforgiving the dad stalled the car out a couple of times trying to pull in to his parking spot at the car show. Now they say the kid did suprisingly well, I wasn't there so I don't know for sure, but I'm just curious as to how well he REALLY did.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I want one!!! Late 80's w/digital guages, turbo of course. Ok back to the real world. Great pics, thanks for posting. Hope you and your buddy had fun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts