Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does the hood suppose to be firm shut or it should have a little movement?

like u can push it down and it will pop up a little but the hood is lock.

because i'm having this problem and i play with latch a lot and it still does the same shit.

think my latch is bent? because my passenger side upper hood did got hit years back so i replace the hood with aftermarket hood.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
when mine is shut and locked, i can push it and it does have like 1/4 inch of play. ive been wondering about that myself.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
The Honda hood latch has two "locking" positions. The first is like a safety and the second of course the main. If your hood is aligned correctly and the latch is as well and working properly, you should be able slowly lay the hood down and hear the first click. Can you pull up and it is locked...good. But if you cannot push down more and get the second click you've got a problem.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Honda hood latch has two "locking" positions. The first is like a safety and the second of course the main. If your hood is aligned correctly and the latch is as well and working properly, you should be able slowly lay the hood down and hear the first click. Can you pull up and it is locked...good. But if you cannot push down more and get the second click you've got a problem.
i do get the first and second click but it still have play

·
Registered
554 Posts
alot of cars have that (hood play?) i would not worry about it crx's have a spring that you can adjust. but if it reall bothers you do what drag4life said and put some shims on it till there is no more play

·
Registered
189 Posts
Is your hood latch in its lowest possible position, mounting wise? If you undo the 3 bolts you can move the latch up and down.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is your hood latch in its lowest possible position, mounting wise? If you undo the 3 bolts you can move the latch up and down.
yes the latch is at is lowest. well the right side with one bolt can't go lower as the left side 2bolts is at.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts