Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two main questions..... Any throttle cable bracket idea's ? I only have one bolt on my intake at the moment.

Also the throttle body has slight bend in it. What intercooler piping fits best ? and has to go through the fender well on my setup as i am using both torque mounts.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Two main questions..... Any throttle cable bracket idea's ? I only have one bolt on my intake at the moment.

Also the throttle body has slight bend in it. What intercooler piping fits best ? and has to go through the fender well on my setup as i am using both torque mounts.
you will need to custom do you IC piping to fit correctly.

with those you should be able to use your stock throttle cable bracket if i remember right.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Please do. And I did just watch a video where someone used a 30 or 45 degree silicone elbow to intercooler piping that went straight from the elbow to the bend that went into the fenderwell..... Comments on this ?

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Please do. And I did just watch a video where someone used a 30 or 45 degree silicone elbow to intercooler piping that went straight from the elbow to the bend that went into the fenderwell..... Comments on this ?
as far as the IC piping a angled coupler will work. but when it comes to the piping you want as less couplers as possible. less chances for leaks!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That would be why.... I purchased mine off H-T in the classifieds. Guess I have to make something up. Thanks for the picture that will help a TON.

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Mine didn't

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Still in the building phase. However, it looks like my stock bracket might just fit.

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Which chassis are you?

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I had to build a throttle cable bracket for the one I had.

II think I cannibalized two OEM brackets to make it work with the A6/Z6/B7 style throttle cable.

·
Registered
78 Posts
How do you guys like the edlebrock intakes? from my research i keep reading that they are a waste of money. Im new to D series always been a b series or h series guy... but im currently boosting a mildly built d16y8 with an hy35... personally i think the intake would have to be better than the stock one. but i read differently. Thanks... sorry to thread jack you

1 - 20 of 41 Posts