Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive been searching around too see if anybody is running a yonaka system with a turbo set up?.. but havent found anything. so my question is, is anyone ran it before? i know its kinda on the smaller size about 2.5 inch piping and preferred would be 3.. but im on a budget and its cheap and i like how quite it is. is it too small to run on a 300 hp turbo set up? with a 3 inch dp? i might just have to get a custom 3 inch at the muffler shop..

·
Registered
723 Posts
Are you referring to the ws2 replica? its 60mm 2.3" and its N/A version... i am running something similar to what you are asking. 2.5 dp, 2.5 straight pipe to 2.3 (60mm) apexi ws2 muffler N/A version. its pretty much exactly like the but yonaka not SS. lets just say with the muffler on its really quiet and spools/hit fulls boost about 300-500 rpms later than open DP or a straight through muffler and i find it to be quiet and somewhat restrictive . There is a universal turbo version of the muffler but im not sure if yonaka makes that if you really want it for the sound the turbo version is similar in sound kinda. lets just say i used to beat a friends car by 2 cars with exhaust on and without muffler i got him by 5 cars...hop this helps

Id suggest a 2.5 downpipe flaring out to 3'' a couple inches after the flange then a 3'' exhaust all the way back with a straight through designed muffler.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you referring to the ws2 replica? its 60mm 2.3" and its N/A version... i am running something similar to what you are asking. 2.5 dp, 2.5 straight pipe to 2.3 (60mm) apexi ws2 muffler N/A version. its pretty much exactly like the but yonaka not SS. lets just say with the muffler on its really quiet and spools/hit fulls boost about 300-500 rpms later than open DP or a straight through muffler and i find it to be quiet and somewhat restrictive . There is a universal turbo version of the muffler but im not sure if yonaka makes that if you really want it for the sound the turbo version is similar in sound kinda. lets just say i used to beat a friends car by 2 cars with exhaust on and without muffler i got him by 5 cars...hop this helps

Id suggest a 2.5 downpipe flaring out to 3'' a couple inches after the flange then a 3'' exhaust all the way back with a straight through designed muffler.

ya i though it was like 2.4-2.5 and i put it in to the calculator and found it was 2.3 after i posted... but ya looking for a similar set up likes yours but i dont want it to be too restrictive i think i might just have to settle for 3 inch custom piping and maybe buying a universal ws2/yonaka muffler..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts