Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, so prior to purchasing this exhaust I tried finding reviews, videos, etc but couldn't find anything that really helped me out...so I bought it lol! just so I could see if it was any good, I'm hoping to help out some of you who want a great deal on a quality exhaust. So here we go! I purchased the product through tunersports.com and they were having difficulties with Yonaka since the exhausts were on back order. After everything was straightened out the exhaust shipped quickly and everything was packed up securely and safely. I opened it up and it was wrapped in bubble wrap and the weld were beefy and everything was perfect! Its a relatively quiet exhaust, I've had the Greddy Evo2 on my old teg and I really like the tone of this one better, it doesnt drone on the highway, no rattles or vibrations and it sounds really good when hitting vtec, even in my little single slammer. Even my girlfriend liked the sound! :bigok: Now on to pics/vids!

Here is how it looked fresh out of the box:

After I installed it:

...don't mind the torn apart civic ;)

And after it was installed:

(just to show how far it sticks out)

and finally......A VIDEO!!!

Please excuse the poor quality of the video, it was taken on my iphone and its just to give you an idea of how it sounds. I'm going to take a couple more follow up videos of drive by's and the interior sound. Thanks guys, hope this might have helped some of you and feel free to ask if you have any questions! -Kolya

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
Will do what its supposed to do.

Its far from top of the line but not bottom of the barrel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, Im going to do a bunch of follow up videos on the exhaust. I was really impressed with the quality, and like T-Mack said, its not quite top of the line but it is surprisingly good especially for the price

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
i debated buying one, i saw the hatch ones just dropped like 50 bucks and offer free shipping, the coupes are still 300ish + shipping

·
Registered
CRX Del Sol
108 Posts
hm sounds good, not to loud and screamy.. like it ;) but shipping to germany costs me 300 bucks.. ooouch

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
looks and sounds decent. how tucked is the midpipe underneath? pics?
I'll snap some pics tomorrow, just got my wisdom teeth out so I'm kinda out of commission :-( and just a quick update, I believe the exhaust is finally warming up and its sounding great! even better than before I'll take another vid, crappy iphone vid once again since its all I have at the moment, but it has a nice deep tone to it and almost sounds Subaru-esque! Thanks for the compliments guys and I'll follow up as soon as I'm no longer in terrible pain lol!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i debated buying one, i saw the hatch ones just dropped like 50 bucks and offer free shipping, the coupes are still 300ish + shipping
I definitely recommend it, it looks great, sounds great and is a bang for your buck! Definitely stand by Yonaka on this product!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
YEAH i found something ;)
Full Car Tuning - Europe's premium automotive tuning and styling wholesale, the latest tuning, styling and performance parts for all makes and models. - tuning styling fct
My parts dealer sells it in europe!! dang iam happy. i will definitely buy one of them. i want a nice quiet turbo ;)
Go for it! You wont be disappointed and I'm truly glad I could help you out! Just to give you an fyi, the muffler has three hangers on it(weird but useful) its there is one on the left side if youre looking directly at the exhaust and two on the right. On the right use the smaller of the two, it makes the exhaust sit higher up and looks better imo. Have fun with your new, great exhaust!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im uploading a couple videos right now, so YOu all can get a feel for the sound inside on a cold start, inside with the engine warm and outside with the engine warm.

Cold Start Interior:

Warmed up Interior:

Warmed up exterior:

It was quite cold outside so excuse the exhaust smoke...and I need to change my valvestem seals lol I'll get some drive-by shots when I can! Enjoy and let me know what you all think. -Kolya

·
Registered
'91 Crx Si
399 Posts
It has a nice low subtle tone, but the tip is too big and sticks too far out for my taste.
Hopefully it holds up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It has a nice low subtle tone, but the tip is too big and sticks too far out for my taste.
Hopefully it holds up.
I like the way it looks, definitely a HUGE improvement over the fart cannon the previous owner installed lol! But hey, to each his own ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts