Honda D Series Forum banner

yes yes - another suspension setup ??? thread

682 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  remoer 
#1 ·
alright... so i'm saving up my money for suspension... unless the right cheap turbo set up comes along my way (hf manifold/14b/downpipe - all together deal...hint)... i'm set on getting koni yellows... now for the other part...

I can get GC custom rates for koni's for 315 shipped. my entire suspension is stock... and i was thinking something along the lines of 350 lbs all around. (would this be a good idea - with my car mainly being DD - with slightly rare canyon carving)

next up was possibly H&R sports... but i'm worried about the people that get the "lean" on the car...big worry right there. the rates according to
http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=136020
are 330/280 (f/r)

or eibach sportlines... that are slightly less stiff than the H&R's... but even drop all the way around... I could probably lower it with the koni's... with these rates being 310/275 (f/r)

it's roughly 200+ shipping for the H&R's and sportlines...(does anyone know any good place to get deals on these springs?) so i'm torn. would 350 be too stiff for DD? i mean... compared to the H&R's, it's only "20" more pounds... but the rear is "70" more... :D - but yeah.

i need some input from everyone.

See less See more
#2 ·
i'm ordering Koni reds w/GC as we speak. i'm going to adjust and leave alone. but if i could ball like you Koni Yellow w/ GC. :TU:

#3 ·
definately not "ballin" - geeze now that i look at it... that is a lot of money to spend. how much are you buying the koni red's for?

#4 ·
you don't want to know. lol. the guy bought them put them, did two solo1 runs took them off and i bought them. $240

#6 ·
:shocked:

as much as i'm tempted to find a used set of koni's... i sorta want that warranty taht comes along with it...

#7 ·
same her, same here. that why i'm getting them. lol.

#8 ·
oh wait...i meant - doesn't the warranty only cover the original owner?

#10 ·
yeah...the GC rep... recommended me 380f/430r... but i knew that'd be too hairy for me. so i was thinking more "even..." but still not harsh.

#12 ·
this is what i went with - waiting for better weather before i put them on. 12kg front, 14kg rear (something like 672lbs/in front, 784 rear).

DJM:>
very nice, i must say. as for me i would have went w/ 12gk in the front and 10kg in the rear for a Civic. that set of coilovers are more of a setup for a RWD car but you can get away with it w/a Intergra. i've seen setups for intergra 10kg in the front and 12kg in the rear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.