Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 civic dx
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright... so i'm saving up my money for suspension... unless the right cheap turbo set up comes along my way (hf manifold/14b/downpipe - all together deal...hint)... i'm set on getting koni yellows... now for the other part...

I can get GC custom rates for koni's for 315 shipped. my entire suspension is stock... and i was thinking something along the lines of 350 lbs all around. (would this be a good idea - with my car mainly being DD - with slightly rare canyon carving)

next up was possibly H&R sports... but i'm worried about the people that get the "lean" on the car...big worry right there. the rates according to
http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=136020
are 330/280 (f/r)

or eibach sportlines... that are slightly less stiff than the H&R's... but even drop all the way around... I could probably lower it with the koni's... with these rates being 310/275 (f/r)

it's roughly 200+ shipping for the H&R's and sportlines...(does anyone know any good place to get deals on these springs?) so i'm torn. would 350 be too stiff for DD? i mean... compared to the H&R's, it's only "20" more pounds... but the rear is "70" more... :D - but yeah.

i need some input from everyone.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
i'm ordering Koni reds w/GC as we speak. i'm going to adjust and leave alone. but if i could ball like you Koni Yellow w/ GC. :TU:

·
Registered
94 civic dx
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
definately not "ballin" - geeze now that i look at it... that is a lot of money to spend. how much are you buying the koni red's for?

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
you don't want to know. lol. the guy bought them put them, did two solo1 runs took them off and i bought them. $240

·
Registered
94 civic dx
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you don't want to know. lol. the guy bought them put them, did two solo1 runs took them off and i bought them. $240
:shocked:

as much as i'm tempted to find a used set of koni's... i sorta want that warranty taht comes along with it...

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
same her, same here. that why i'm getting them. lol.

·
Registered
94 civic dx
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh wait...i meant - doesn't the warranty only cover the original owner?

·
Registered
1993 Civic Ex Coupe
793 Posts
For a dd w/ ocational spirited use, Koni Reds & GC's would be fine. Talk to a GC rep to determine the best spring rate.
Normally, for daily use, the rear rate is lower than the ft to induce understeer as it is easier to recover from than oversteer.

·
Registered
94 civic dx
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah...the GC rep... recommended me 380f/430r... but i knew that'd be too hairy for me. so i was thinking more "even..." but still not harsh.

·
Registered
20 Posts
this is what i went with - waiting for better weather before i put them on. 12kg front, 14kg rear (something like 672lbs/in front, 784 rear).

All-in, i've paid 1500. install is supposed to be 170, and then alignment. :D

DJM:>

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
this is what i went with - waiting for better weather before i put them on. 12kg front, 14kg rear (something like 672lbs/in front, 784 rear).

DJM:>
very nice, i must say. as for me i would have went w/ 12gk in the front and 10kg in the rear for a Civic. that set of coilovers are more of a setup for a RWD car but you can get away with it w/a Intergra. i've seen setups for intergra 10kg in the front and 12kg in the rear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.