Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so here's the deal. Next month I plan on ordering a real high flow cat and probably a new cat-back exhaust. At the very least I need just the cat and a new muffler.

I currently have a greddy evo old style, the muffler has rusted from the inside, and the pipe from the cat back is pretty rusted. the resonator looks like it would fall apart if you touched it.

I'm looking for something quite for long drives, so I was thinking about the apexi world sport 2, but I hear that the gains can be minimal due to the muffler being chambered. I've also read that some people have fitment issues with them, which is a big concern I have because of my 22mm rear sway bar. the greddy was a perfect, except for one extra hanger that had to be cut off, which took 10 seconds. and due to the rust situation with my current exhaust I really like how the apexi has that coating on the pipe to help prevent rust.

I really like the way my car feels now without a cat and a straight through muffler, but it gets loud. the loudest rpms to go through are 3 - 4.5k which is crusing speed at 80mph. that gets really old driving to st. louis.

so please let me know what you're guys suggestions are. I'm looking for good fitment, good flow, quieter so I don't get massive headaches on long drives, something that won't rust, or at least not within 1 year like the greddy did. Good customer service/warranty is a plus; as greddy told me that I never sent in my warranty registration, which I did, so I got screwed on my exhaust. and I would like to try to stay around 400. so I'm pretty much looking for the perfect daily driver exhaust.

thanks for reading this long ass post.

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
k1dfreeze said:
greddy evo2
I've thought about it, but I just don't think I want the same thing, especially with how loud it gets. and after dealing with their warranty people, I really would like to get something other than a greddy. but I have considered the sp2, I hear that their muffler is straight through

M

·
0 Posts
I heard that the Thermal R&D Stealth is pretty quiet as well as Magnaflow (and they have high flow cats that are supposed to be the best when it comes to emissions).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts