Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a complete d17a2 today, FREEBIE. VTEC head and all. Going to use it to make stroke a d16a6.... to bad the head wont fit... :fag:

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
....hey free is free!!!
who cares!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey guys just had a question regarding the d17. Would the cam be interchangable with my friends d16y8?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah thats what i thought. doesnt really matter. I doubt it would be any better than the stock y8 one anyway

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im selling the head, or maybe trade for parts... but im keeping the rotating assembly...

B

·
0 Posts
so the pistons for a d16 will fit in a d17? I have a d17a2 and want to build it, but its hard finding pistons and rods. Can I use pistons and rods made for a d16? I have seen lots of those around.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bradmanuwf said:
so the pistons for a d16 will fit in a d17? I have a d17a2 and want to build it, but its hard finding pistons and rods. Can I use pistons and rods made for a d16? I have seen lots of those around.
you can use the pistons, but the rods are slightly different. same length, but ive heard the crank journals on a d17 are larger diameter, so d16 rods would need to be machined... but you can use d16 pistons with d17 rods and crank

B

·
0 Posts
cool. that makes finding some low comp. pistons for my turbo build easier. So just making sure. I can buy some low comp pistons for a d16, some good rods for d17 and they'll work? the pistons are the same diameter? That's awesome. Thanks man

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bradmanuwf said:
cool. that makes finding some low comp. pistons for my turbo build easier. So just making sure. I can buy some low comp pistons for a d16, some good rods for d17 and they'll work? the pistons are the same diameter? That's awesome. Thanks man
If you are talking about using these parts in a d17, then yes, d16 pistons and d17 rods will work. Just FYI, the compression you yeild will be different from what is advertised if you go with d16 pistons.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts