Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Friend of mine bought one and didn't like it...didn't fit right.

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Hey a buddy of mine that I autocross with found a great idea to get something like this on the cheap. Go to home depot, or other DIY type store and get some wire mesh (this stuff is typically used in construction for stucco, or to do a scratch coat before hanging cultured stone or tile on a wall). I don't know exactly what it is called, but it's a diamond patterned wire mesh, each hole is about half and inch long. Anyway he took some of this and a pair of tin snips and made a grill for his civic (EM). It looked really clean and it was cheap as hell.

I'll see if I can find a good picture of this stuff, or the name of it. Can any construction guys help me out?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well thanks for the input, I went ahead and bought it.... Too good to pass up. But I've been wondering about painting it, I have a white/black theme going, but I don't think it'll look clean enough if i just leave it black.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey a buddy of mine that I autocross with found a great idea to get something like this on the cheap. Go to home depot, or other DIY type store and get some wire mesh (this stuff is typically used in construction for stucco, or to do a scratch coat before hanging cultured stone or tile on a wall). I don't know exactly what it is called, but it's a diamond patterned wire mesh, each hole is about half and inch long. Anyway he took some of this and a pair of tin snips and made a grill for his civic (EM). It looked really clean and it was cheap as hell.

I'll see if I can find a good picture of this stuff, or the name of it. Can any construction guys help me out?
Ya lets see some pics of that, it sounds interesting.

·
Registered
2000 Civic EX
198 Posts

Its called lathing wire I believe.

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Ya lets see some pics of that, it sounds interesting.
I don't know if he's going to be up here for autocross as often this year but I'll see if I can't snap some pics when he is.

·
Registered
907 Posts

Gutter Guard works just as good and, when painted, looks even better. Super sturdy and comes in smaller size widths. Easier to deal with than that rolled up garbage. I done both options and the gutter guard at $3 a pop or whatever it is now, is far and away the better option.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gutter Guard works just as good and, when painted, looks even better. Super sturdy and comes in smaller size widths. Easier to deal with than that rolled up garbage. I done both options and the gutter guard at $3 a pop or whatever it is now, is far and away the better option.
Any pics?

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
i bought my used CTR grill for 100 bucks. the 96-98s are cheaper yet. just sayin...

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
But maybe later on I'll find a good CTR, I just want to get rid of the red H i have now

·
Registered
619 Posts
If you have a 96-98 your in luck, you can just take it apart, cut out the unused plastic, and sandwich in your own grille. that way you retain the outer paint that matches your car.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you have a 96-98 your in luck, you can just take it apart, cut out the unused plastic, and sandwich in your own grille. that way you retain the outer paint that matches your car.
Is there any gaps when you do this? Do u have pics:)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts