Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to boost the car and i also would like to change to stick but i don't have the components nor somebody that is capable of doing it but anyways i wanna turbo my car and it is not stock. Has the usual bolt ons i/h/e also have ported and polished manifold, head, and new billet tb. I was wondering what custom kit should i do and size turbo to spool up quick. I don't care if it starts to lose boost after 6500. Let me know.

·
Registered
780 Posts
im in the process of turbo'ing my auto tranny z6- im gonna use the greddy kit...
mostly because i thought the tdo4h would spool pretty quick and be able to put out enough boost - and i found it for cheap... lol
id think that something like that or a 14b might be a good turbo, small, but not too small... just use a manual boost controller and get some good management...
but those are just my opinions...

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
i made my own turbo kit on my y7 automatic.. i loved it, it was the best thing i did for my money.. i used a t25 from an eclipse and a hf manifold johhnyracecar intercooler, afc hack, and a few other things.. my turbo got messed up in my accident so im making whole new kit for it now.. plus im like 200 bucks away from the parts i need for my 5 speed swap.. i cant wait, this years gonna be awesome ...

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At least you guys have found people do the swaps. What kind of price are they charging and are you supplying the parts? let me know. I'm tryin to find a place that can.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
im gonna do mine myself.. you need alot of parts

trans
ecu
shifter
shifterlinkage
mounts
clutch
flywheel and bolts
pedals
clutch master cyl
clutch slave cyl
hydrolic lines
manual starter
stuff like that..

·
Registered
780 Posts
lot of parts... and a big chunk of money... thats one of the reasons im using my auto tranny, lol- with all the work im doing to the engine i cant afford to swap out the tranny for a 5speed... wish i could- but hey, the auto should hold up long enough...

T

·
0 Posts
I did the swap. I had the auto turbo for 8 months and 3rd started slipin pretty bad so as soon as I saved enough I went to a performance shop people recommended. (regular shop wont touch my shit) they charged $1500 dollares for everything. (parts and labor, I didnt have to find anything) all worked great but the axels they put on where shit. I ended up replacing both of them. But I at least I now know I have new axels and I can launch like crazy.
They also put in a ACT 223lb/tq clutch at the same time the swap was done.
by the way, I have the greddy kit and I'm about to turn it up to 10 psi

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
so was it a big difference in performance from when you did the swap? i want to know how its gonna be for me... what trans did you use? ex or some other one?

thanks

T

·
0 Posts
yup EX tranny Y8 .Everyone told me the gear ratio was better. Performance wise it was a big difference. It pulls a lot harder from a dead stop and you can obviously shift quicker. another big difference is when taking turns. you dont have to mash the gas and wait for ever no more for it to find the right gear.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cool. San diego is only 2 2 1/2 hrs from me. How long did it take them? I can get some of the parts from friends up here depending on how much they want for certains items. i do want it done. Let me know.Pm when you can.

T

·
0 Posts
CivicY8 said:
Cool. San diego is only 2 2 1/2 hrs from me. How long did it take them? I can get some of the parts from friends up here depending on how much they want for certains items. i do want it done. Let me know.Pm when you can.
I got it done in a shop called enginuity and its in national city, CA. about 5 min south of san diego off the 5. they charged 1500 including all parts and labor. once they had everything they needed they called me and I took my car in like on a monday and by wednesday afternoon it was done and i picked it up. If you get any upgrade like clutch, flywheel or anything like that they wont charge you anymore for the install. all you got to do is buy the upgrade parts. they give a 3 month warranty. if your turbo already, get a clutch. and get new axles either way. 160 bucks for good rebuilds.
I havent had any problems what so ever. I recommend them.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
P.M. with their number. I wasn't able to find in yellow or white pages.

I

·
0 Posts
hmmm i wonder if the prelude automatic triptronic (however the heck its speeleedz) tranny can swap into the 4th gen - that'd be a heck of a swap right there..lol Be sweet as heck though! It'd suck though since it wouldn't bolt on to the engine and you'd hafta custom fabricate all sorts of parts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
that would be tyte.. but hit me up on either here or a pm with the number for the shop in S.D. I want to get done.. Start to feel the power of the shit i bought.

T

·
0 Posts
Im going to put it up here in case someone else wants it.
number to enguinity is (619)336-1666. talk to kris (manager) or Ha (owner) they'll hook you up quick.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts