1997 Civic Hatch D18Y8 M62 S/C
So I've looked around and searched for awhile and found some info, but I wanna know if I have this correct. This is for a D16Y8 head on a D16Y7 block.
- D16y8 head
- D16y8 Intake manifold <- Optional but a good mod. Make sure it matches the year of your head. 96-98 or 99-00. You can mix and match but 99-00 have air injection holes that you may have to deal with.
- D16y8 Throttle body <- Optional
- D16y8 Fuel rail <- Not necessary. It's the same as a Y7
- D16y8 Fuel injectors
- P28 (w/ adapter harness) or P2P ecu <- P28: no knock sensor required
- D16Y8 Head gasket <- Same as Y7 but get a new one
- Copper spray <- DO NOT USE. Just creates a mess.
- Intake manifold gasket
- Throttle body gasket
- Exhaust manifold gasket
- Y8 Timing belt <- Same as Y7 so not necessary to change unless its time
- 96-00 Honda Civic EX Spark Plugs <- Same as Y7 so not necessary unless its time
- Some Wire, and Wire Connectors <- For VTEC, knock sensor, and IACV
I'll change the oil and coolant at this time too. I also want to know if I can use my Y7 distributer instead of the Y8. - YES