Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the discussion forum, i posted a question about running the gsr p72 ecu on a b16(p2t) without chipping it...simply pluggin in the conversion harness, and going with it. What would happen if i took my p28 and hooked it to my y8? i mean, with the conversion harness of course, but would there be any significant gains? or just a waste of time, or would it even run at all??

·
Registered
96 hatch
593 Posts
i was running my y7y8 minime on a virgin p28 and it ran decent, but not great. got like 25-28 mpg, no power gains maybe slight loss even. it will work.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
well, by doing this you've got a lot more room to make it better though. with the stock p2p ecu, you're very limited to tuning. if you're not gonna eventually tune it, then don't waste the money.

·
Banned
443 Posts
Y7/Y8 heads are a different design than the other SOHC. The P2P (Y8 ) ignition maps are a LOT different. P28 will run you a little too much ignition timing.

I feel the need to add that the ECU adds and subtracts timing over and above the ignition table values based on TPS, calculated load, etc... but the Y7/Y8 head still likes less timing.

·
Registered
1998 Acura Integra
736 Posts
Yea, it isn't good for your motor because the maps are completely different. But with a P28 if you chipped it and got it tuned you could probly do alot better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts