Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Pretty conservative, especially considering the compression. The vacuum side of the map looks pretty basemap-ish. I would definitely throw more timing at it at the atmospheric line. It will make it feel much better driveability wise.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts

·
Registered
toytoa supra
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
seems like you have it out for me FarmerD... very adult of you. Full_Tilt, the vacuum side is nothing but basemap ish. I am currently boosting at 9 psi and I feel that the car wants a good bit more timing. my exhaust is loud and it leaves me unable to hear knock. What would you feel safe with?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Make a det can.

I cant make recommendations in good faith, every setup is different. I would guess that it could take more, especially in vacuum.

·
Registered
toytoa supra
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I'm actually making one right now ... taking a knock sensor and building an amplifier for it.. works pretty well but it's still not completed.. Coolio... thank you sir

·
Registered
toytoa supra
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am going to finish my electronic one and then I'll build one like that to compare it with... I have already built all of my electronics and completed my circuits. I also have a 3d printer at work, so I can make a nice and small assembly to put the circuit board in, a 9 volt battery compartment, and a nice knob to adjust the amplifier gain. It has a headphone jack, and I have also designed this to be able to be powered from a USB port. Everything will have quick electrical connectors so it can easily be put away.. lol, sorry for the long post, I'm just excited to finish it ha... I was also looking at building circuitry to build a filter that only lets knock frequencys pass as well as convert those to a digital input to use on your ecu for logging.. It won't give you knock amplitude, but you will be listening with headphones as well as being able to see with your other engine parameters..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
toytoa supra
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is also true.. I'm not against it in any way, and will still very likely build one to use as a comparison.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts