Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 EX Civic
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 ex civic which i recently turned 5spd I didnt change my manifold and now i am having idle issues. idles 1800rpm with the a/c on idles 1500. could it be my iacv or the fact that i am using an auto intake manifold.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I think you should be able to use the auto intake mani...you might just have some vac lines hooked up wrong...

·
Registered
261 Posts
i forgot to say i ran into the same problem, hook up a 5 speed iac valve and conver to 2 wire and zip tie it somewhere, or do the manifold swap and use it. when i converted to auto i had a shit idle :(

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
just get the manifold

they are relatively cheap used

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
should be able to use the auto ecu and 3 wire iacv, it will throw a check engine light for the auto trans but it will work and idle fine. i did this when i converted to 5 speed on my y7.

to do it the right way on the y8 you need the 5 speed manifold, ecu, and iacv. then the 3 wire to 2 wire iacv conversion.

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
yea did you get the ECU with this swap? And yea, manifolds are cheap. id pick up a 5spd one

·
Registered
97 EX Civic
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea I got a p28 chipped but I think I should purchase an aftermarket manifold. is OBX a good purchase for manifolds compared to skunk2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts