Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the word from Toga is that they are brand new oem pumps that have different internals that flow much higher. So they look the same on the outside but they are completely different as far as performance. I asked a few more questions about a percent increase or what is different on the inside so I will post whatever the response is.

·
Registered
723 Posts
kommon_sense said:
z6 pump won't fit. don't know if you can swap the internals.
it fit,i've installed on my y8 block ,i ordered a y8 pump and they send me a z6,i found out that is was for a z6 because y8 pump have an opening for the oil dip stick and the z6 don't,but is was after bolting it into place and torking it to spec that i found out the hole was missing :mad:

·
Registered
378 Posts
kommon_sense said:
z6 pump won't fit. don't know if you can swap the internals.
Are you sure about that?

If you use the OBD1 oil pump you need to use the OBD1 oil pan to go with it or your pickup will be all fuxored.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
robtec said:
it fit,i've installed on my y8 block ,i ordered a y8 pump and they send me a z6,i found out that is was for a z6 because y8 pump have an opening for the oil dip stick and the z6 don't,but is was after bolting it into place and torking it to spec that i found out the hole was missing :mad:
So you threw on a stock z6 pump and oil pan? How did it go. I will either do the same or pick up a high flow y8 pump. I wanna nock the rod-bearing failure off the list before continuing with anything else.

·
Registered
723 Posts
eg6motion said:
So you threw on a stock z6 pump and oil pan? How did it go. I will either do the same or pick up a high flow y8 pump. I wanna nock the rod-bearing failure off the list before continuing with anything else.
i didn't run the z6 pump,i instaled once by mistake,the motor was out of the car,and it didn't had the oil pan at the time,i replace it for a y8 unit since the y8 block doesn't have the oil dipstick hole on the block like the z6 does

so my advice is do NOT use the z6 pump on the y8 block,the motor will not have a oil dip stick! it would be imposible to check the oil level if you use the z6 pump

1 - 15 of 15 Posts