Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a y8 oil pan and i was wondering if it's possible to use it on a a6 block. now before someone makes any dumd remarks. i understand that the oil dipstick is in a different place on the y8 engine. which isn't a problem cause i take of the splash guard off and drill a hole where the a6 didpstick goes and yes i need to use the y8 oil pick up. .

i'm just trying to see if anyone has done this before? thats all.

why? cause it's purrty. *southern voice*

thanks ppl

remo

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Why will you need to drill a hole on your a6 oil pump when it already have the dip stick on the block? But for you to be able to fit the y8 oil pan into your a6 block you'll have to do a little modding.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dude, if remember right I've got a D15b2 pan and pickup in the garage. Would that bolt up?
dan relaxe i'll show you when i get to the house.
Why will you need to drill a hole on your a6 oil pump when it already have the dip stick on the block? But for you to be able to fit the y8 oil pan into your a6 block you'll have to do a little modding.
thanks thats what i thought.

*sniff, sniff* i think i smell a diy. lol.

·
Registered
ex-g (canadian)
624 Posts
y8 pan on a6 block, you will need the y7/y8 oilpump and put a plug for the dipstick hole since you already have one on your block

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
y8 pan on a6 block, you will need the y7/y8 oilpump and put a plug for the dipstick hole since you already have one on your block
uh... yeah.. the oil pumps are the same just a bit different in specs like:

Some info on swapping around OEM Honda oil pumps:

D16A6 Oil pump flows 46.4 qt/[email protected]
D16Z6 Oil pump flows 47.6 qt/[email protected]
D16Y8 Oil pump flows 35.3 qt/[email protected]

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
No, the only thing that is different is the two studs that stick out of the bottom of the oil pump is offset a little further apart than the 95 and under civic oil pump. Every other bolts or stud should be the same beside the two studs on the oil pump.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.