Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so this is my set up header-2.25 exhaust- intake-apexi neo afc-

what would be safe to run on this engine without harming it i was gonna go with zex wet or direct port anyone have any suggestions besides "get a turbo" or the classic honda-tech response "swap a b or k in it" lol i was wondering what shot i should use and what would be safe to run ...
which is better wet or direct port? which is harder to install any diy's?
also if anyone knows of a good deal on a zex kit new or used that would be helpful as well

·
Hermit the Crab
309 Posts
I'm gonna tell you right now you should read the sticky on nitrous, it will tell you alot. FYI read as much as you can on this site before posting a question, or be prepared to face the consequences!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
read all three pages in nitrous sticky nothing about damaging high mileage engines or what shots are safe or direct port vs. wet or where to get a zex kit cheap

·
Hermit the Crab
309 Posts
Probably the first place i'd go would be Ebay, but that should be a given. Maybe you'll be lucky, and wiser ones on this site will chime in. (just 1 noob tryin to help another)

·
Registered
283 Posts
if you have the money go direct, but since you have high milage you probbaly wont be running a large enough shot to need the direct port, so you can just run the single fogger. I would shoot for the 75 shot but not much higher,However i would only do that with having the car tuned with a good system like the s200/s300, if you do decide to do that you have a much better way of keeping the engine safe. You can retard timing, add fuel so your not leaning out anywhere, and have the nitrous kick on at a safe rpm all through the system. In my opinion that is the right way to do it, but you must buy a dry kit to operate the nitrous that way(cheaper anyway). Or you can run a wet kit they are good too, but you are gonna have a harder time tuning it and what not, but plenty of people use them and dont have preoblems, you just have to be smart about it. The choice is yours, good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts