Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after reading the faq?sticky on nitrous i was wondering if my stock d16y8 with intake headers and exhaust could hand nitrous and how much and how reliable it would be and if theres anyone that sells the the kits for a decent price

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Nitrous Oxide reccomends that you go no more than 1/2 of what the factory hp rating on the motor is.. So say your motor makes 100hp. they reccomend that you go no more than 50hp on the Nitrous.. That is being a Daily Driver and safe to use on a daily basis... I.E. not to hurt your motor in any way.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Nitrous Oxide reccomends that you go no more than 1/2 of what the factory hp rating on the motor is.. So say your motor makes 100hp. they reccomend that you go no more than 50hp on the Nitrous.. That is being a Daily Driver and safe to use on a daily basis... I.E. not to hurt your motor in any way.
without any additional parts/management etc?

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
They say "Stock hp".... Just divide that in 1/2... with tuning, you could get more.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
30 is nothing.. you wont have a problem with 30 at all... You will be wanting more for sure..

·
Registered
885 Posts
^^X2^^

·
Registered
924 Posts
after reading the faq?sticky on nitrous i was wondering if my stock d16y8 with intake headers and exhaust could hand nitrous and how much and how reliable it would be and if theres anyone that sells the the kits for a decent price
I would use a Zex wet kit and slowly work up to a 75shot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts