Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
stock y8 in a 98 coupe, I/H/E/test pipe, edelbrock intake manifold, VAFCII (untuned), walbro 255, and running a 75 shot of the Zex Dry Nitrous, what 1/4 times do you guys think I would see? Also wondering what cam you guys would go with in this setup, zex, crower, and whether or not I should even focus on getting things like a new cam, cam gear, or pulllies to decrease times? Possibly focus more on block work?

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
well, i'd recommend injectors. i might be the only who knows what it's like to to drop 2-3 tenths in time when switching from a 50 dry sht to a 75 dry shot.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I run the comp cams 59300 with valvetrain, I gained 11whp from cam, cam gear and tuning, if that helps at all

P.S A dry zex 75 shot is a bad idea IMO, I ran a dry 65 on my car and it ran very lean all the way throught the rpm range, I Had a fuel pump, reg. and rail at the time. My roomates prelude with same fuel upgrades ran extremely lean especially throught vtec with only 65 shot, Zex unit only boosted fuel pressure 5-7lbs. Both switched to wet,and run great. Good Luck

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
I run the comp cams 59300 with valvetrain, I gained 11whp from cam, cam gear and tuning, if that helps at all

P.S A dry zex 75 shot is a bad idea IMO, I ran a dry 65 on my car and it ran very lean all the way throught the rpm range, I Had a fuel pump, reg. and rail at the time. My roomates prelude with same fuel upgrades ran extremely lean especially throught vtec with only 65 shot, Zex unit only boosted fuel pressure 5-7lbs. Both switched to wet,and run great. Good Luck
we ran about 100shot zex wet kit with the fuel not hooked up we had no issues with it that bitch was fast for a y7/y8 w/ bolt ons and the bottle

·
Registered
924 Posts
I agree, wetter is better.

·
Registered
901 Posts
fuckin juicers! i had almost the same set up, without the fuel pump and i was on a tuned ecu. never took it to the track, but it was pretty damn quick

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
my buddy in a EK hatch had a y8 with i/h/e clutch and flywheel tuned (not for the nitrous but just tuned on the motor) with a ZEX 65 shot ran a 13.7 on some worn out slicks. He ran it all the time too. He never had any issues.

Oh and that was with A/C and P/S with just the back seats removed

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,648 Posts
might wanna not run the VAFCII.......

93 DX HB, Z6, slicks, 13.09 @ 103 on 75 shot, stock injectors are too small!

Went with bigger injectors, smoked the clutch, 13.40 @ 103

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
My other buddy is running a 75 shot on his bone stock LS right now with stock injectors. We put a 100 shot fuel pill in it (ZEX dry kit) just to be safe. It's running great with just 1 step cooler NGK plugs. It's running rich if anything...we check the plugs regularly and they're always tan. No white. Oh and the other guy I was talking about with the 65 shot on the y8 with i/h/e had stock injectors and his ran great too. It was also a ZEX kit.

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
by the way, for low shots between 50-75 shots, dry shots hit harder because they are not diluted with fuel. I personally wouldn't worry about a wet kit unless you were going above a 75 shot.

·
Registered
86 Posts
you should be able to knock off a mid to low 14 with that set up, but go get something other than a Vafc and get a tune, that will be the best way you could spend your money, you will pick up the hidden horsepower out of your setup, and you will run alot safer once you get your A/F's figured out by someone that know's what they are doing.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
I have read (though I can't verify this) that ff you don't shut the engine down after a run with nitrous, you can't tell by the plugs weather or not the engine is running lean (unless you get the sparklies on the plug from detonation). Running the engine for just a few minutes nomrally without hitting the juice will color them tan again.

Would anyone care to confirm this?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,648 Posts
tan is good, but better to read the ground strap heat coloring......

NOT GOOD!!!!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do you guys think the stock 240 Densos would be okay for a 75 shot or should I upgrade to RC 310's? My sparkplugs have been okay, I'm just running the Zex Hyperformance plugs they recommend for Nitrous.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts