Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've gone thru a few different auto to manual tranny swap posts and all are actually very good, both from here and on other boards. But I'm fuzzy on one thing: use of which engine harness, reverse light hookup and clutch pedal safety switch bypass. I have everything I need to do the swap (straight y8 auto to y8 manual). I did buy a used manual engine harness. Since I have the manual harness, do I still need to run wires from the reverse sensor to the yellow/red and green/black wires to get my reverse lights to work? I wouldn't think so but that's why I'm asking. Also, do I need to "trick" the ecu into thinking its always in park so I can start the car and get my key out of the ignition or does the manual harness have the correct connection for this?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,110 Posts
you should use the manual ecu. everything else should be plug and play after you wire up a neutral safety switch.

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
984 Posts
yes you will have to jump a couple wires under the cup holders. its like a bigger gauge wire then others. its black with a red strip and that should jump to another wire not sure witch one lol.

many write ups have that info in them.

as for backup lights idk i wired mine up and they dont work so oh well lol.

you could use your manual harness and im sure most your wiring will be right.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for ur replies guys. So when I use the manual ecu and the manual harness, all I need to be concerned with is wiring up a neutral safety switch? Backup lights should just work then?

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
on 92+ civics and 93+ del sols, you must also take the steering wheel paneling under off, and remove the solenoid's rod so it does not lock the steering wheel.

SHould be a blue or gray box.

This will have been mentioned in the auto 2 manual swap guides

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I've def seen that. What I've read is I need to join 2 thick black wires together with a thinner black/blue wire at the 14pin plug under the cup holders. This is to make it think the car is constantly in park to bypass the starter safety switch on the clutch peda. Is this correct?

Also, I need to wire up my reverse lights to 2 other wires as well. My question is if I use the manual harness is all this still necessary? Is all this only if I use my existing auto harness or do I do this even with the manual harness swapped in?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, I get everything else on this swap but the wiring I guess I need spelled out for me lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts