Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a complete manifold, tb, fuel rail, everything and i was just wondering what all i need to do to put it on....i searched and couldnt find anything...but then again i could just be dumb

·
0 Posts
From what I have read so far, the Z6 bolts right up to a D15B7 and the Y8 requires some modification. Could be wrong (which I probably am).

Mat

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i was givin 2 boxes of y8 parts and one was the complete manifold and i figured it was better than the b7 so why not....anyone know for sure?

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
the y8 injector rail sits up a little higher if i remeber right. the y8 is better but the z6 is easier.
this is also often called the poor mans type r manifold for some reason. though im not poor and fuck the type r !

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
You'll need a new fuel line fitting for the fuel rail. The b7/z6 one doesn't fit quite right on the end of the fuel rail ... unless you ghetto rig it with a washer or two.

Also, the o-rings on your b7 injectors might not be as snug fitting into the y8 fuel rail. If not, take them off the y8 injectors and stick them on yours.

The throttle cable bracket is too far from the throttle wheel thingy. You'll have to move it over one hole to get it to reach. (basically, you'll only have one bolt holding it down)

There are a couple of holes to plug up on the manifold so find something to cap off vacuum holes you don't need.

The manifold bracket on the b7 will interfere with the y8 manifold. You won't be able to get it on there. So you'll have to take off the manifold bracket too. (the bracket underneath that attaches to the block.

That's all I can think of so far...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts