Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 96 y8 mani with tb for $40 and was wondering which intake manifold gasket do i use i have a 98 civic dx d16y7. also its from a manual car do i just plug the hole for the iacv and will this mean that the iacv wont work??? or do i need a connecter and do a wire conversion. is it possible to keep the y8 tb or do i need to change to the y7 tb thanks for your help

·
Registered
516 Posts
I did this swap a few years ago when I still had my 96 DX.

I had the full intake manifold and throttle body from a 98 EX.

I think I extended a few wires. The main thing I did was put the DX throttle body on the EX manifold. Mine had the IACV built into the throttle body. So to make the Y8 manifold work with the Y7 computer. I kept the Y7 throttle body in place.

·
Registered
225 Posts
If you are converting to OBD1 then youll need to use the IACV on the manifold itself and use the 2 wire IACV. If you are staying OBD2 (and your IACV is on your throttle) then you have to use the 3 wire IACV on your throttle body and just cover the y8 IACV on your mani.
(if you are going OBD1 then youll need to use the y8 tb or plug the holes on your y7 tb or else you will have a nasty vacuum leak)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so just switch from y8 tb to my auto y7 tb and its plug and play?? just have to change out the rotor and spring. and which wires need to be extended the pcs? which idk what that is

1 - 5 of 5 Posts