Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i was wondering if anyone could point out any pictures showing the difference from the manual and auto intake manifold off a d16y8. I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,261 Posts
I wouldn't think there would be any difference...
I mean...there may be differences...but it'll still work

I'm using a 94 automatic intake manifold on my 5pd...didn't need to do anything..

but idk fursure..about the y8

---aside from this question- hows the build going?
any pics?

are you choosing between a y8 manifold (auto/manual) & your going to use the auto mani?
& wanted to know if it will work?

(just from your past posts..)

·
Registered
829 Posts
the auto y8 mani dosent have a iavc on the manifold its mounted on the throttle body and the 5speed has it mounted on the manifold.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
unfortunately im trying to sell it but i do belive its an auto mani. the iacv is locatted on the fuel rail :(. Im pretty sure that the manifold will not work on a manual head because of a different port. The build isnt coming lol im selling off all my dseries items on ebay and someone wanted to know if the mani. was auto or manual. i thank you guys for helping :)

·
www.rifftrax.com
1996 Civic Ex Sedan
1,517 Posts
the auto y8 mani dosent have a iavc on the manifold its mounted on the throttle body and the 5speed has it mounted on the manifold.
he's right. that thing on the fuel rail is not the iacv. it has something to do with recycling the vapors from the gas tank back into the manifold. it should have hoses coming from it to the black canister on the firewall.

the iacv is going to have coolant hoses running to it and will be on the bottom of the throttle (auto) or on the back of the mani near the firewall (manual).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts