1 - 5 of 5 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i tried to find this in the search

and i know everyone says that all d-series stuff interchanges
but i've found that that generally relates to the z6/y8/y7 and those motors
but i'm doin an a6. I bought a 60mm throttle body from a gsr because the guy...and this forum told me that the b-series tb fits all d-series motors.
all...except mine apparently
but... since i'm doin this motor for whatever power i can get from it i'd be willing to buy a y8 manifold since it is apparently a little better with its big plenum and short runners (not looking for an argument on which is better tho). And i'll be able to bolt on this throttle body

so i'd like to know from someone who really knows :)
will the y8 manifold fit on my a6 head?? and are the sensors the same?? vacuum lines?? will my fuel rail fit??

thanks guys!!

·
Registered
934 Posts
I have a sohc zc and I tried that setup with no luck. however you do need to grind the top of the manifold to fit the head correctly. There are also holes in the injectors that need to be plugged up. If your 92+ then you should be ok plugging up all sensors. I had a bad idle among other things and I am hoping to figure out why this weekend if I have time. If your 92+ the fuel rail will work with no probs. you might want to check all vacuum lines to make sure you get them right. BTW I have a 89 SI hatch. I also posted a thread you might want to look at. -> http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11717

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks

i'm trying to find a y8 manifold now
i think i'll be able to do it

btw i have a 90 dx hatch, and spending alot on this motor, so i'd like to get this 60mm tb to work.
and if you say it can be done with some work then i might as well try it!!

·
Banned
939 Posts
The Y8 mani will fit on the A6 head. The purge valve is located on the mani instead of the firewall. You'll have to lengthen the plug wires if you want to use it.
Make sure you get the EACV for the Y8 as the A6 model won't fit.
The A6 fuel rail won't fit the Y8.
The A6 throttle cable bracket can be modified to work.
I haven't tried the B series TB yet.

·
Registered
934 Posts
b series TB works with no probs. I got that far with no CEL for that. :) You'll need the Z6 fuel line to make it work. I believe you have to mod the fuel filter to make it fit correctly I believe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts