Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Civic Sedan D16Y7
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im in the process of figuring out an obd1 conversion for my 99 d16y7.

i have many questions about the y8 intake manifold swap.My engine is a 99 y7. Today I went and got a 99 y8 auto intake manifold with rail fuel and gas cable.
on to the actual questions:

does my 99 y7 have cold start assist? The y8 manifold i got has the holes, so in theory if my y7 also has cold start assist nothing needs to be done, right?

should I keep the y7 tb and swap out rotor/spring from the y8 or keep everything y8? Considering im going obd1

railfuel, what do I keep? I hear the y8 injectors would make it run rich but couldnt that be adjusted through a chipped ecu?

·
Registered
99 Civic Sedan D16Y7
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Alright so after careful reading I figured out the TB and railfuel situation but none of the posts you listed or that I’ve found fully answers my questions about cold start assist... i’ve found methods to plug the holes (is this a good one? DIY Deleting Air Injection on 99-00 D16Y8 Intake Manifolds) but no information about my y7 and does it have cold start assist or not... if it has it why would I plug the holes?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,194 Posts
how would we tell you what it does or doesn't have if its still mounted on your
car?

·
Registered
99 Civic Sedan D16Y7
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No need to be passive aggressive I just like to get started with as much info as I can

·
Registered
93 maybe 94 coupe
294 Posts
Search like he said, there are tons of variations. You can find good info in mini me threads too.

I swapped to an obd1 tb and sensors, and used obd1 harness. I also mulled over deleting the air holes but stumbled across the correct early manifold in a junkyard. Super easy swap. Just be sure everything is clean w fresh decent gaskets or youll be back soon being asked to search idle issues lol

Be patient youll find what you need and learn lots of extra stuff in the process. Have fun and good luck w it man!

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,082 Posts
well if karl knudsen was in canada he might be able to ,stupid computer !

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,194 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts