Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I want to specify that Im running a Y8 block, with a Z6 IM, but there are some differences that are causing roadblocks...On the back of the Z6 IM there is a port for what I think is TPS, there is no such port on the Y8 IM that Ive been able to find.
Secondly there is a port on top of the Z6 IM right next to the head itself that seems to run one of the main vacuum lines back to the top barb on the IM, this port as well doesnt exist on my Y8 manifold, the hose appears to lead somewhere else.....Any pointers??

·
Registered
602 Posts
It's hella easy to do the swap. I thought it was goign to be harder. port on the back of the intake manifold is for the IACV. Make sure you have a compatible IACV. Otherwise there should be two larger nipples on the right side of it for your brake booster and PCV system, and 1 or 2 smaller nipples on the left side for vaccuum. That's it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IACV isnt an issue, same one as on the Z6 just a different location... Isnt the PCV tube the second one more towards the bottom of the manifold? Are you sure on all of the wiring bolting up? There are 3 sensors going into my Z6, IACV, MAP, and TPS. The one that concerns me is the TPS sensor because I dont see any place to relocate it to on the Y8 IM. On the Z6 IM it appears to be the plug-in right below and to the right of the IACV...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts